What to know now:
1. Trump in Poland: President Donald Trump will speak in Poland at a stop on his way to the Group of 20 meeting in Germany. The White House says the speech will include a call to European allies to stand with the United States against "shared enemies" that pose a threat to peace in the world.
2. Actions against North Korea: In advance of his speech in Poland, Trump warned North Korea Thursday that the time for diplomacy concerning that country's testing of an intercontinental ballistic missile was quickly coming to an end. The president said that he is considering "some pretty severe things" in response to the launch of the missile. The president suggested the United States may consider punishing countries that trade with North Korea. China is North Korea's biggest trading partner.
3. Scalise back in ICU: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, (R-Louisiana), was moved back to the intensive care unit on Wednesday over new concerns about infection from the gunshot wound he suffered during the attack last month on Republican congressmen practicing for a charity baseball game. Scalise was shot in the hip during the attack and the bullet damaged blood vessels, bones and internal organs, according to his doctors. Scalise was one of five people shot. The shooter was killed by a U.S. Capitol Police officer.
4. Is Earhart mystery solved: Photos of a woman sitting on a dock on a South Pacific island in the late 1930s have those who have followed the story of the disappearance of Amelia Earhart wondering if the mystery of what happened to the famed aviatrix has been solved. A documentary about Earhart's disappearance showing photos that suggest she may have been taken into custody by the Japanese when she disappeared on a round-the-world flight 80 years ago this week will air Sunday on the History Channel.
5. Lohan tweets support: Actress Lindsay Lohan posted a tweet in support of President Trump on Tuesday, asking people to stop bullying the president and show him some support. "THIS IS our president," Lohan tweeted Tuesday. "Stop #bullying him & start trusting him. Thank you personally for supporting #THEUSA." The tweet came after Trump offered to help a terminally ill baby in England get to the United States for medical care. Lohan also tweeted "For ALL YOU CRYBABIES At @CNN Whining About Trump Beating Up Your Logo Take A Look At What A REAL POTUS & Man Does."
And one more
The arts and crafts store Hobby Lobby has been fined $3 million and must return thousands of Iraqi artifacts that were smuggled from the Middle East to the company's home offices in Oklahoma City. According to prosecutors, the company brought cuneiform tablets and other artifacts in a $1.6 million deal from a broker based in the United Arab Emirates. The broker shipped packages of artifacts labeled "ceramic tiles" to three corporate locations in Oklahoma City.
In case you missed it