What about local option tax, will you have to pay that?
No, you will not have to pay local option tax on those purchases during those days.
What do school supplies mean when it comes to the tax-free weekend?
The term school supplies includes:
- cellophane tape
- composition books
- computer disks
- construction paper
- legal pads
- lunch boxes
- notebook filler paper
- poster board
- poster paper
What is not a part of the sale?
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15
- Books that are not otherwise exempt
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
What about computers?
Computers are not on the list of tax-free items this years.