“I am confident that Mr. Huber’s review will include a full, complete, and objective evaluation of these matters in a manner that is consistent with the law and the facts,” Sessions wrote. “I receive regular updates from Mr. Huber and upon the conclusion of his review, will receive his recommendations as to whether any matters not currently under investigation require further resources, or whether any merit the appointment of a Special Counsel.”
Huber has apparently been working on the investigation since November.
Who is Huber? Here's what we know about the U.S. Attorney for the District of Utah.
- He was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is 50 years old.
- He earned a bachelor's degree with honors from the University of Utah, where he also graduated from the S.J. Quinney College of Law with a juris doctor degree.
- He worked in the Weber County (Utah) Attorney's Office, and as chief prosecutor for West Valley City.
- He worked in the U.S. Attorney's Office as the National Security Section chief and the executive assistant U.S. attorney.
- He served as the United States attorney and lead federal law enforcement official in Utah since June 2015.
- He was first appointed by President Barack Obama to serve as U.S. attorney.
- In March 2017, Sessions appointed Huber to continue to serve as U.S. attorney in Utah.
- In June 2017, Trump nominated Huber to serve as U.S. attorney for the District of Utah. In August 2017, the U.S. Senate unanimously confirmed Huber's appointment.
- He was honored by both Attorney General John Ashcroft and Attorney General Eric Holder for his work.
- He is serving as vice chairman of the U.S. Attorney General's Advisory Committee (AGAC).