The new Marc’s grocery store opening in Kettering Wednesday will celebrate with more than two weeks of special sales and events.
Kicking off the opening, customers will find a 12-day farmers market sale beginning when the Marc’s at 2100 E. Whipp Road first opens at 7 a.m. Wednesday, with an array of Ohio-grown produce items for 99 cents, according to Marc’s Kettering Facebook page.
RELATED: This massive new greenhouse is harvesting its first organic crops, and you could see them in your store soon
There will also be 250 free flower bunches for giveaway when the store opens Wednesday; customers will pick five flower stems and fillers from a fresh flower display to be bundled by Marc’s staff.
On Saturday, veterans will be offered free samples of Eckrick meats, free boxed lunches and a free $25 Marc’s gift card while supplies last. There are 200 gift cards and 200 boxed lunches available.
The store will also have free samples and demonstrations throughout the next several days. Here are some of the foods customers will be able to try:
BIZ BEAT: We tried grocery delivery service: 5 things we found out
- Butterball Farm to Family's all natural deli meats and turkey burgers — Aug. 8
- Del Fresco's heirloom tomatoes & bruschetta bites — Aug. 9
- Miceli's mozzarella cheese — Aug. 9
- Kretschmar deli meat and cheese — Aug. 9
- Walmart Creek Amish-made luncheon meats and cheese — Aug. 10
- Vidalia onions — Aug. 11
- Fligner's Market smokies — Aug. 12
»RELATED: MoviePass limits customers to 3 movies a month
The discount store will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
Marc’s sources its own produce, but is best known for its closeout department, stocked with seasonal items and discounted last-chance merchandise.
“Our success has been based on pricing. Over the years we’ve focused on national brands at discounted price and we pass savings onto our customers every day,” said Marc’s president and COO Kevin Yaugher said.
FIVE FAST READS
• PHOTOS: Luxury Beavercreek home for sale set on 5.2 acres
• Bob Evans suspends partnership with Urban Meyer
• SNEAK PEEK: New Kettering grocery store features closeout merchandise
• ‘Grocery wars’: How local stores are competing for your dollars
• Ohio Chipotle closes after 600+ illnesses reported