Mattress Firm is reportedly considering filing for bankruptcy.
The retailer is looking for a way to close some stores that are losing money and get out of expensive leases, according to Reuters, who cites unnamed sources.
MORE: Kroger considering sale of one of its ice cream makers
Mattress Firm has 3,000 locations, including a dozen stores in the region.
The retailer’s parent company is Steinhoff International Holdings NV, based in South Africa.
Reuters reported a final decision has not been made on whether to file for bankruptcy.
FIVE FAST READS
• PHOTOS: Luxury Beavercreek home for sale set on 5.2 acres
• Bob Evans suspends partnership with Urban Meyer
• SNEAK PEEK: New Kettering grocery store features closeout merchandise
• ‘Grocery wars’: How local stores are competing for your dollars
• Ohio Chipotle closes after 600+ illnesses reported