At least 11 local flights traveling between Ohio airports and Charlotte have been canceled as tropical storm Michael hits South Carolina.
Strong winds in the southeast are expected to continue impacting flights from Florida and South Carolina. The Charlotte Airport has canceled 157 flights and delayed 19 today.
Then Category 4 Hurricane Michael originally hit land on the Florida panhandle Wednesday before traveling across Georgia into South Carolina.
»RELATED:Dayton-area Whole Foods Market first in Ohio to offer grocery pickup
Canceled American airlines flights traveling between Ohio and South Carolina include:
Arrivals expected at 8:54 a.m. and 1:10 p.m.
Departures scheduled for 7:03 a.m. and 8:54 a.m.
Arrivals expected at 10:34 a.m., 12:37 p.m. and 2:49 p.m.
Departure scheduled for 1:33 p.m.
Arrivals expected at 10:36 a.m. and 1:16 p.m.
Departure scheduled at 11:06 a.m.
All evening flights are still scheduled. The Federal Aviation Administration recommends checking your flight status before leaving for the airport.
FIVE FAST READS
• Local mall announces new store coming two days in a row
• New store to open at Beavercreek mall
• Amazon boosts wages for area Whole Foods, Amazon workers
• New store opening in former Fairborn Kroger space
• New Centerville arts, crafts store announces opening date, giveaways
About the Author