Looking for the perfect Christmas tree? Here are tree farms close to home.
The following is a list of places you can go to purchase a fresh-cut Christmas tree around the region.
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
🎄 A. BROWN & SONS FRESH CUT CHRISTMAS TREES
7701 Salem Ave., Clayton. 937-836-5826 or 937-836-6445
· Types of trees, costs: Pre-cut Ohio-grown trees cut daily, 2 to 15 feet, all varieties. Plenty of 10- to 12-foot firs available. Spruce, pine, fir, small live trees available.
· Extras: Cut your own White pine and fir and some spruce. Fresh wreaths, branches and roping.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily beginning Nov. 23 through Christmas Eve. Open Thanksgiving Day 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cut your own until 5 p.m. daily.
· Directions: Take I-70 west to Exit 26, turn left on Hoke Road, right on Salem Avenue; tree lot is four houses down on the right or take I-70 east to Exit 26 and the tree lot is on the left as you get of the exit.
🎄DEALKER’S FARM CHRISTMAS TREES
6520 Brantford Road, Dayton. 937-898-0891
· Types of trees, costs: We have a variety of U-cut trees available. All U-cut trees will be $35. Also available will be Ohio-grown pre-cut trees. All pre-cut trees will be priced as marked.
Extras: Baling $3. All trees shaken for free. Saws provided. Carts available. Tree stands and other items will be for sale. Cash or checks only. No credit cards.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; Noon to 5:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 24.
· Directions: 1 mile South of Little York Road between North Dixie Drive and Peters Pike.
5376 Strawberry Court, Trotwood. 937-264-3081 or 937-974-7745
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own white pine only starting at $26. Cut your own Douglas Fir $35. Fresh cut white and Scotch pines and Douglas firs $35 and Fraser fir starting at $50.
· Extras: Saws, baling, wreaths and roping available.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; 1 to 6 p.m. Sundays, by appointment only Monday through Thursday, starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 23.
· Directions: I-70 to Hoke Road; go south on Ohio 49 and then right on Wolf Creek Pike; farm is the first drive to the left.
🎄ADVENT CHRISTMAS TREE FARM, LLC
10581 Haber Road, Clayton. 937-479-2783
· Types of trees, costs: Canaan fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Serbian Spruce, White Pine and Scotch Pine, Concolor Fir and Korean Fir.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths, small gift shop with a wide variety of high quality ornaments and other shopping ideas. Free hot chocolate and popcorn. Free tree shaking, baling and drilling. Live farm animals. Food truck on site.
· Hours: Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., then Monday through Friday 3 to 5:30 p.m., starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 22.
· Directions: I-70 to Exit 26, take right on Hoke Road; go 1.5 miles to National Road (Ohio 40), turn left; go 1/4 mile to Haber Road, turn right; go 1.8 miles, farm on the left.
🎄RED BARN TREE FARM
990 Soldiers Home MSBG Road, Miamisburg. 937-367-4508
Types of trees, costs: 4- to 9-foot-tall Scotch pine, Norway Spruce, Canaan fir, Douglas fir and White pine. Cut any tree $32. Tree netting $3. Pre-cut 6- to 8-foot firs for $55.
· Extras: Free candy canes and hot chocolate.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to dark Saturday and Sundays and Monday through Friday by appointment through Dec. 22. Open all day Nov. 23.
· Directions: From I-75 Dayton Mall area take State Route 725 west through Miamisburg, at the light just across the river turn right on to Soldier Home MSBG Road. The farm is one mile north on the right-hand side of the road at the intersection of Soldiers Home and Manning Roads.
🎄COUNTRY CHARM TREE FARM
348 Timothy Lane, Xenia. 937-352-6240
· Types of trees, costs: Choose-and-cut Canaan fir, blue spruce and Norway and Black Hills spruce. Pre-cut Balsam and Fraser fir. $7-$9 a foot depending on size. Large selection of tall pre-cut up to 13 feet. Prices from $25 to $125. Also, Fraser fir table top with stand for $15. Balled and burlapped trees also available.
· Extras: Shaking and baling services available. Free hot chocolate and cookies. Handmade wreaths and grave blankets.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 23. Call for appointment for special time if needed.
· Directions: Take U.S. 35 east around Xenia to U.S. 68, north on U.S. 68 toward Xenia to Union Road, follow signs for farm; or take I-71 north to Ohio 42 to U.S. 35 east to U.S. 68, follow signs to farm.
4382 Kemp Road, Beavercreek. 937-429-3407
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and white pines, $30 to $60; Spruce and Canaan firs, $50-$100.
· Extras: Saws and loading provided. Free shaking and baling.
· Hours: 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays; and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 16.
· Directions: U.S. 35 to Woodman Drive exit, north on Woodman; right onto Burkhardt/Kemp Road. Farm is about a mile on the left.
🎄CARL AND DOROTHY YOUNG’S CUT YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS TREES
4970 Springfield-Xenia Road (U.S. 68) Yellow Springs. 937-767-7288
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch Pine, White Pine, Norway Spruce, Canaan and Blue Spruce. All pines start at $49. Spruce trees start at $54· Fir trees start at $69.
Extras: Will shake, wrap and load every tree. Wreaths, stands and decorations to complete your Christmas tree shopping. Saws available. Gift shop available. Free hot chocolate and popcorn available.
· Hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 16.
· Directions: Take U.S. 68 to one mile north of Yellow Springs. Located just south of the big red barn, look for the little red tree barn next to Route 68.
🎄SPRING VALLEY TREE FARM, LLC
2300 Cook Road, Spring Valley. 937-671-5443
· Types of trees, costs: Variety of spruces and firs for cutting at $8.50 per foot up to 7 feet. $9 per foot up to 8 and 9 feet and $10.50 per foot for 10 feet and above. A variety of living trees (balled and burlapped) $25 per foot. Tall firs: 9-14 feet
· Extras: Saws and tree cleaning are provided; bailing $1 and bags $1.50 each. Free cookies and cider. Wreaths available. Decorated wreaths for $25, undecorated $20.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Monday starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 17.
· Directions: East on U.S. 35. Proceed south on U.S. 42 and watch for signs as U.S. 42 narrows, just after you cross the Little Miami River.
Ohio 202, just north of Ohio 571, between Troy and Tipp City. 937-335-6983
· Types of trees, costs: All fir trees $50 regardless of size.
· Extras: Saws provided and wrap and net available. Free horse-drawn wagon rides on the weekends through Dec. 15.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily starting Nov. 23 through Dec. 21.
· Directions: Take Ohio 202 north past Ohio 571, drive a couple of miles. Farm is on the left.
🎄BIG TREE PLANTATION
2544 S. Waynesville Road, Morrow. 513-836-0975
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, Blue spruce, White and Scotch pine $55 and up. Pre-cut Fraser firs and Scotch pine $55 and up. Live container trees $75 and up — Norway spruce, Black Hills spruce, Blue spruce and White pine.
· Extras: Saws, shaking and baling services available. Wagon rides and hot chocolate. Wreaths available, life-size Nativity scene; delivery, set-up and pickup services available.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday from Nov. 23 through Dec. 23.
· Directions: I-71 to exit 32 (Morrow); east 1.2 miles to South Waynesville Road, turn right.
🎄BERNINGER TREES AND WREATHS
1220 Stubbs Mill Road, Lebanon. 513-932-2780.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan firs, $40, Scotch or white pine, $33. Pre-cut Fraser firs $45-$95.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths and garland. All trees shaken and wrapped. Free popcorn and hot chocolate.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday starting Nov. 23.
· Directions: From I-71, take Ohio 48 north to Ohio 123. Turn right on Ohio 123, then immediately turn right on Stubbs Mill Road. From I-75, take Ohio 63 east through Lebanon. This becomes Ohio 123. Turn right on Stubbs Mill Road. Farm is 1.1 miles on left.
🎄WERTZ FAMILY TREE FARM
5682 Union Road, Franklin. 937-746-7870
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, White spruce, Norway and Blue spruce, Scotch Pine, $25 each. Pre-cut Fraser fir and Serbian spruce. $8.50/foot.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths, saws provided, free hot chocolate; free tree shaking, baling and drilling.
· Hours: 4 to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday, Noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday until sold out. Noon to 7 p.m. Black Friday. Other hours by appointment.
· Directions: 2 miles North of Atrium Medical Center.