While it may not be the official state candy, it certainly is one of Ohio’s most beloved candy traditions.
The Buckeye candy is in the state spotlight not only because it’s Buckeye season. There is now an official statewide Ohio Buckeye Candy Trail.
The Ohio Buckeye Candy Trail is a 31-stop trail highlighting local, family-owned and nationally known chocolate artisan from across the state. The Dayton area is well-represented.
The Miami County Visitors and Convention Bureau helped launch the Ohio Buckeye Candy Trail. “Why not create a candy trail dedicated to this peanut butter and chocolate confection?” the organization asked in a news release.
“Miami County, home to Winans Chocolates + Coffees, is very excited to celebrate Ohio’s own Buckeye candy, with the launch of the Ohio Buckeye Candy Trail,” said Diana Thompson, executive director of Miami County Visitors & Convention Bureau. “This one-of-a-kind trail connects visitors to Ohio businesses statewide to highlight everyone’s favorite Ohio treat.”
THE OHIO BUCKEYE CANDY TRAIL
The Dayton-area stops include:
• Golden Turtle Chocolate Factory in Lebanon
• Holly B’s Sweets in Waynesville
• Friesinger’s Chocolates in Springboro
• Esther Price in Dayton
• Winan’s Chocolates + Coffees, which started in Piqua and has locations across Dayton and beyond
Other Ohio stops include:
• Haute Chocolate in Cincinnati
• Tickled Sweet in Milford
• Marie’s Candies in West Liberty
• Jack-B’s in Findlay
• Dietsch Bros Fine Chocolates & Ice Cream in Findlay
• Marsha’s Homemade Buckeyes in Perrysburg
• Sweet Tooth Cottage in Powell
• Eagle Family Candy in Columbus
• Tremont Goodie Shop in Upper Arlington
• Anthony Thomas in Columbus
• Chocolate Cafe in Columbus
• Pure Imagination Chocolatier in Grandview Heights
• Schmidt’s Fudge Haus in Columbus
• Wittich’s Candy Shop in Circleville
• Buckeye Creations in Canal Winchester
• Candy Cottage in Lancaster
• Goumas Candyland in Heath
• Nothing But Chocolate in Cambridge
• Coblentz Chocolates in Walnut Creek
• Waggoner Chocolates in North Canton
• Harry London Candies, Inc. in North Canton
• Butter Maid Bakery in Boardman
• Malley’s Chocolates in Lakewood
• Campbell’s Sweets Factory in Cleveland
• Buckeye Chocolate Company in Chardon
• Stella Leona Artisan Chocolates in Pettisville
• CoCo Beans Candy & Cupcakes in Fremont
• Hartville Chocolate Company in Hartville
The website houses a downloadable map that outlines each stop and has insider information on what makes each stop unique.
The Ohio Buckeye Candy Trail is one of many that can be found on the Ohio Adventure Trails map launched by TourismOhio earlier this summer at Ohio.org.