Fusian — the fast-casual sushi chain founded by three former Oakwood classmates that operates 10 restaurants across Ohio, including three in the Dayton area — has rolled out multiple new menu items and added more “price diversity” among its offerings to better serve customers, those founders said in a release.
Among the new menu items:
- The Philadelphia Roll, our take on bagel and lox, with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and “everything bagel” spice;
- Roasted Salmon Crunch Roll, with a mix of vegetables, topped with a new house-made chili-ponzu dressing;
- The “Chicken + Rice Bowl,” described in a release as a “hearty warm rice bowl packed with roasted chicken, veggies, and tossed with our house dressing (sesame-soy) and spicy mayo;”
>> TODAY’S THE DAY: Your guide to local Pi Day deals
- Tuna Poké Bowl, “a traditional Hawaiian dish featuring our wild-caught Ahi tuna and freshly prepped veggies;”
- Tofu Thai Crunch salad, with roasted tofu, tossed with greens and vegetables and topped with a new house-made Thai Peanut Dressing;
- Salmon Superfood Salad, with roasted salmon tossed with kale and other vegetables with Chili-Ponzu dressing.
RELATED: 5 questions with the founders of Fusian (December 2015)
Fusian Sushi was launched in Cincinnati in 2010 by Zach Weprin, his brother Josh Weprin, and Stephan Harman, all of whom attended Oakwood’s Harman Elementary School. The trio had talked as kids of going into business together, Stephan Harman told this news outlet shortly after Fusian launched.
Fusian’s local restaurants are located at the Mall at Fairfield Commons in Beavercreek, on Brown Street near the University of Dayton, and on Miamisburg-Centerville Road adjacent to Whole Foods in Washington Twp. It also operates three locations in the Cincinnati area, three in the Columbus area, and one in Toledo. Two other locations in Columbus shut down within a few weeks of each other in November 2017.
>> Fusian sushi shuts down 2 restaurants, shifts focus (November 2017)
“We’ve adjusted pricing on our menu to reflect much more price diversity across the board,” the regional chain’s owners said in a release. “Whether you’re just looking for a ‘snack’ or a custom dinner for two, that’s within (a) budget, we’ve got you covered.”