One of Dayton’s favorite new restaurants is stepping up the fresh and local offerings for the city’s lunch scene.
Corner Kitchen owners Natalie and Jack Skilliter are debuting CK Take Away, their line of boxed lunches, created in conjunction by the restaurant’s Sous Chef, Riyaza Lutfiyeva.
CK Take Away opens today, Wednesday, June 22 with lunch hours from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
The lunches are made fresh each day, and the menu is set to change seasonally. The Skilliter’s new retail lunch market will also deliver box lunches to businesses and organizations in and close to downtown.
“Since we relocated to Dayton five years ago, we’ve really felt a renewed vibrancy in the downtown Dayton business and residential scene, especially along the Wayne Avenue corridor,” Natalie said. “We have seen a demand for an additional quick, healthful lunch option downtown and believe this is the perfect time to launch the extension of Corner Kitchen and our brand.”
Here are five things we can’t wait to try:
1) Prosciutto Sandwich, $8.50 – Basically as soon as you say fresh mozzarella, we’re there. Add roasted tomato and peppered mayo to the salty proscuitto and you've got a flavor explosion.
2) Couscous Salad, $6.50 -- Again, fresh mozzarella had us, even before the mention of roasted cauliflower and peppers, sundried tomatoes, and house vinaigrette.
3) Nicoise Tuna Salad Sandwich, $8.50 – With roasted red peppers, olives, capers, and lemon to compliment the olive-oil marinated tuna, this is sure to be nothing like your cube mate’s brown bag sandwich.
4) Curry Pasta Salad, $2.95 – Curious how the extra kick of curry will spice up this lunchtime standby and perennial potluck favorite.
5) Hummus with carrots, celery, and peppers, $2.95 – Nothing beats homemade hummus, and with a fresh assortment of summer veggies, this stands to be the perfect pick-me-up snack on the go.
Lunch items include sandwiches, salads, and soups with sides and beverages also available for purchase. Items range in price from $6-$8.50 for main items and $1.50-$2.95 for sides and drinks.
Want to go?
WHAT: CK Take Away
WHERE: Wayne Ave. (next to Sew Dayton), Dayton
WHEN: Exact opening date TBD, but hours will be 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday