If you’re struggling to stick to those health-minded goals you set for yourself in the new year, one breakfast and lunch destination is working to make it easier for you with a special menu this month.
Butter Cafe at 1106 Brown St. in Dayton is offering a special (and delicious) menu for the rest of January that makes it easy for those on a diet to feel comfortable eating out without counting calories.
“I think sometimes people in January think that they can’t eat out because it’s all bad,” said Amy Beaver, the co-founder of Butter Cafe. “Like, where are we going to go? We can’t go out to eat because we’re on diets.”
The January menu, which could run until the end of the first week of February, features an assortment of plant-based vegan cuisine featuring an assortment of superfoods.
Kendall Reves, Butter Cafe’s general manager and chef, is the mastermind behind this healthy creation.
“He goes above and beyond,” said Beaver. “I feel very lucky to have him.”
The new items include:
- VEGAN BLT ($8): Chipotle Maple Seitan bacon topped with lettuce, tomatoes and a sweet and spicy chipotle hot sauce on fresh wheat bread and a choice of a side.
- OCEAN BLUE PANCAKES ($10): Two blue majik pancakes topped with blackberry compote and coconut cream sauce.
- GREENS AND BLACK-EYED PEAS ($10): Slow-cooked red peppers collard greens served over stewed black-eyed peas with a side of agave cornbread.
- VEGAN HOT CHICKEN SANDWICH ($10.50): Marinated and seasoned tofu chicken, pan fried and served on a vegan brioche bun and topped with a sweet spicy chipotle maple sauce and pickles with choice of side.
- JUST EGG VEGAN OMELET ($11): A six-ounce vegan egg omelet with choice of two vegetables with choice of side.
- VEGAN FRENCH TOAST ($7): Topped with vegan butter.
Butter Cafe is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday.
For more information, call (937) 985-9917 or check out Butter Cafe’s Facebook page.