Petting cows is great fun, but come on, wouldn’t you rather eat a burger followed by elephant ears followed by French fries drenched in nacho cheese?
No need to answer.
You can do all that at the Montgomery County Fair, and you don’t have to pay admission during lunch time during the week.
The 165th Montgomery County Fair — the last one at 1043 S. Main St. near downtown Dayton — kicks off today and wraps up Saturday, July 15.
The fair is once again offering free admission 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays only.
We’ve embedded a menu of some of the most unusual items and where to find them at the fair below. Click on the image for a close look.
Here are some that tempted us:
- Smoked turkey legs
- Bacon cheddar corn dogs
- Sugar Waffles, Funnel Cakes, Elephant Ears
- Apple Dumplings
- Pizza Bombs
- Loaded Tater Tots
- Home cooked Chicken Bacon Alfredo, Italian Sausage Penne
- Ribbon Fries, Tornado Fries, Sweet Potato Fries
- Fresh Baked Soft Pretzels, Fresh Baked Soft Pretzel Sweet Sticks
- Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake
- Deep-fried Oreos
- Homemade ice cream
- Hot Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich