The Lazy River at The Beach Waterpark. CONTRIBUTED
Other must-see attractions include a heated wave pool and interactive kids play. If you just want to relax, chill out on the 2,600 tons of white sand and by the 150 palm trees on location.
The park also offers several special events throughout the season. Here’s a look at some of the events and promotions slated for this summer that are coming up:
- May 25: Opening day 2019
- Banzai Thursday: All admission is $10 per person from 4 p.m. to close every Thursday from June 6-Aug. 1.
- Saturday Evening Car Load Days: Take a car in after 4 p.m. on Saturdays from June 8-Aug. 24 and receive up to 10 wristbands per vehicle with parking included for $50. All passengers must be wearing a seat belt.
- Reggae Sundays: Live music will be featured from 2-5 p.m. on Sundays from May 26-Sept. 1 at the Wave Rider Bar & Grill.
- *June 8-9: $16.99 ($12 off) full day admission for Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, 4-H Members, leaders and families.
- *June 10-14: Little League Baseball Week: $16.99 ($12 off) full day admission for Little League players, coaches and families.
- * June 15-16: Church Fellowship Weekend: $16.99 ($12 off) full day admission for church groups.
- June 16: Father's Day weekend: Dad gets in free with a paid admission at admission window only.
- July 4: Fourth of July special: All active and retired military, veterans, police and first responders get in free. Plus $2 off hot dogs all day long.
- August 3-4: Teacher Appreciation Day: $16.99 ($12 off) full day admission for all licensed teachers and families. Must present proof at ticket window for discount.
- Aug. 31-Sept. 2: Labor Day Weekend: Visitors can enjoy hot dogs, pizza slices, soft drinks, ice cream for $1 each
- Sept. 3: Dog Day: The last day the park is open. Dog owners and dogs are invited to play in the Wave Pool from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. together and enjoy a day of fun in the sun.
* Note: A group leader or program administrator will need to contact Group Sales to receive a code. 513-398-7946, Ext 231 or send email to email@example.com
A look at what the new Riptide Racer attraction will look like. Contributed photo
WANT TO GO?
What: The Beach Waterpark opening day
Where: 2590 Waterpark Drive, Mason —located off I-71 at exit 25-A, 20 minutes north of downtown Cincinnati and 20 minutes south of downtown Dayton.
When: OPENING DAY: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. May 25
Hours: Daily operating hours vary. See website for details.
More information: (513) 398-SWIM (7946) or www.thebeachwaterpark.com
THE BEACH: BY THE NUMBERS
1985: Year the park opened
100,000: Average number of guests the park sees annually
$69.99: Cost of a 2019 season pass (SALE), parking not included
3: Food areas — Wave Rider Grill, Beachcomber Café, Surfside Grill
35+: Number of acres in the waterpark
500: Number of seasonal park employees
22: Total number of slides
1: Heated wave pool
2 million+: Gallons of water
1,400 feet: Length of the Lazy River (1/4 mile)
2: Miles-per-hour, speed of the Lazy River, which wraps around the park