While concessions will be offered at the air show itself, there's a plethora of nearby food and dining options that will please your palate.
Here are the top places we’d pick to visit for food, drinks and/or fun while around the Airport, and a favorite worth driving back to Dayton for.
Scene 75 is the place if you're looking for some indoor fun for the family (or just grown-ups). Head over for arcade games, laser tag, go karts, adult beverages, mini-golf and more.
Bunkers is another sure bet for the sports bar fan that has great wings and a fantastic selection of beers. Bunkers is a multiple-time winner in our annual Best of Dayton poll in categories including sports bar, wings, Bloody Mary’s among others.
>> Best of Dayton 2017 winners: Food and Dining
Hairless Hare Brewery
Another Best of Dayton winner, this craft brewery doesn’t fail to disappoint.
>> Dayton area brewery wins two gold medals
>> Makings of a brewmaster in Vandalia
If you’re looking for a quick bite:
Vandalia (near I-75 and I-70)
>> Hungry at the Air Show? Check out these Vandalia restaurants
Credit: Marshall Gorby/Staff
Credit: Marshall Gorby/Staff
- Dairy Queen , 48 Fordway Drive
- Hairless Hare Brewery , 738 W. National Road
- Supper Subby's , 690 W. National Road
- Hot Head Burritos , 116 E. National Road
- Arby's , 228 E. National Road
- The Original Rib House , 275 E. National Road
- Subway , 312 E. National Road
- Taco Bell , 323 E. National Road
- Pizza Hut , 337 E. National Road
- Burger King , 352 E. National Road
- Waffle House , 380 E. National Road
- KFC , 420 E National Rd
- Jim's Donuts , 122 E. National Road
Englewood (near I-70)
- China Palace , 375 W. National Road
- El Cazador , 555 W National Road
- Marion's Piazza , Country Square Shopping Center, 404 W. National Road
- Burger King , 301 W. National Road
- Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken , 527 S. Main St
- TJ Chumps , 559 S. Main St.
- Tony's Italian Kitchen , 615 S. Main St.
- China Star , Northmont Plaza Shopping Center
- Company 7 BBQ , 1001 S. Main St.
Miller Lane (off I-75)
Or just a short drive away, head to the Benchwood/Little York (I-75, Exit 59) area for tons of great dining options:
WORTH THE DRIVE
If you’re willing to take a little drive, check out some of Dayton’s best restaurants.
These are truly considered classics around town and worth a visit. The short list includes The Pine Club in Dayton, The Winds in Yellow Springs, Jay’s Restaurant in Dayton, The Oakwood Club, Meadowlark, Coco’s Bistro, Corner Kitchen, El Meson, Coldwater Cafe and more.
>> The 12 best restaurants in Dayton
And if you're willing to drive into the city, you can't miss one of Dayton's new cult classics -- best food-truck-turned eateries: Zombie Dogz .
The whole stretch at Brown Street has undergone quite an eatery renaissance, so you’d be sure to find something for everyone, no matter what you crave.
>> Why people are losing their brains over Zombie Dogz