The NAC&U is a national consortium of select small and mid-size independent colleges that are focused on liberal education, professional studies and civic engagement, according to the organization’s website. John Carrol University in northeastern Ohio and Ohio Northern University in Ada are both members of the organization.
» INVESTIGATION: Local hospitals, universities invest millions in off-shore tax havens
“It has been an honor to serve SOCHE’s members and partners throughout my tenure...I’m going to miss working with these incredible colleagues,” Creighton said. “In my new role at NAC&U, I’ll have the opportunity to work with their national membership on matters of education, leadership, and civic engagement, which has been the focus of my scholarship and practice.”
Creighton has served as the president of SOCHE for 15 years. SOCHE is a regional group that works with southwestern Ohio colleges to collaborate on issues impacting them.
“We are thrilled that Sean will be joining us,” said Daan Braveman, chair of the NAC&U board of directors. “He has years of experience working with a consortium in a collaborative environment and is committed to the civic mission of higher education.”
FIVE FAST READS
• WSU may face more scrutiny despite deal on federal visa investigation
• Heating costs could spike this winter as natural gas prices increase
• EXPERT: Wright-Patterson ‘crucial to avoiding a defeat if there’s a World War III,’
• UD president gets contract renewed for 5 years
• UD, Premier give former fairgrounds new name, redevelopment could start in 3 to 4 years