The Ohio Craft Brewers Association is bringing its Halloween-themed Ale-O-Ween beer festival back to Dayton this weekend with a robust increase in the number of breweries participating and beers available for sampling.
There will be a bit more room, too.
The Ale-O-Ween will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20 at the Dayton Steam Plant, 617 E. Third St. in Dayton. More than 40 Ohio craft breweries will be pouring samples of more than 100 beers, including seasonal styles, limited-release brews and popular favorites, the brewery association said in a release. Last year, about 30 breweries poured 70 beers.
This year, Ale-O-Ween (formerly known as Dia de las Cervezas) will be able to use the Dayton Steam Plant's outdoor space.
Individual general admission tickets are available in advance for $40, which includes a souvenir glass and tasting tickets for 20 four-ounce samples. Early admission tickets are also available for $50, granting admission at 5 p.m. The brewers association is offering a group discount: the “Ale-O-Ween Six-Pack” includes six regular or early admission tickets for the price of five. Designated-driver admission is available for $15 and includes a food voucher.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.beerfesttickets.com/aleoween.
In addition to craft beer samples, Ale-O-Ween will feature live music by The AmpFibians and Team Void, along with food from local food trucks The Drunken Waffle, Pa’s Pork and The Wicked ‘Wich of Dayton.
Craft beer enthusiasts are encouraged to dress up to win prizes in the Ale-O-Ween costume contest, the event’s organizers said.
Event organizers said Lyft is offering discounted rides to and from Ale-O-Ween. Riders can enter promo code ALEOWEEN18 for 25 percent off two rides, up to a $5 discount per ride, on the day of the event.
Ale-O-Ween is a fundraiser for the Ohio Craft Brewers Association (OCBA), a non-profit guild designed to promote, preserve and unify Ohio’s craft-brewing industry.
Here’s a list participating breweries and the beers they’ll be pouring, according to the OCBA event listing’s web site:
- 16 Lots Brewing Company – The Beast DIPA; Oktoberfest
- Branch & Bone Artisan Ales – Violet Perception – Ginger, Lime, and Pea Blossom Berliner Weisse; Spectral Alphabet – IPA with Mosaic and Citra
- Carillon Brewing Company – Squash Ale; Coriander Ale
- Crooked Handle Brewing Company – Witcher Imperial Pumpkin Ale; Roadside Peanut Butter Porter
- The Dayton Beer Company – Deep Sea Diving Peanut Butter Vanilla Stout; Broken Empire Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout; Canal Boat IPA; Beast of Tadmor Village Barrel Aged Doppelbock
- Devil Wind Brewing – Ein Prosit! Festbier; Mind the Gap ESB
- Elevator Brewing Company – Great White Pumpkin Ale; Pommes du Paradis – Belgian Apple Ale; Gravity 4.0 – Belgian-style Tripel; 380 – IPA
- Eudora Brewing Company – Cheval Magique Belgian Golden Strong Ale; Groove Juice Session IPA
- Fat Head’s Brewery – Head Hunter; Spooky Tooth
- Fifth Street Brewpub – Ramona Brown Ale w/ Maple & Praline; Better Than #psl Squash Saison
- FigLeaf Brewing Company – StarCrusher Double Hazy IPA; Wee Easy Scotch Ale; Ponderous Porter; 24 month Bourbon Barrel Aged Black Solstice
- Fretboard Brewing Company – Mellowship ISP; Fretboard Vlad Pilsner; Fugee Breakfast Ale; Shimmy Shimmy Cocoa Pop Chocolate Red
- Grainworks Brewing Company – poundsign nofilter NE IPA; Oatmeal Stout; My Blue Heaven Blueberry ESB; Pineapple Cherry Tart
- Great Lakes Brewing Company – Nosferatu, Imperial Oyster Stout
- Hairless Hare Brewing Company – Caesar’s Demise Brut IPA; Cold War Russian Imperial Stout
- Heavier Than Air Brewing – Lost at Sea American Honey Amber; McCook Bound American Stout
- HiHO Brewing Co. – Oktoberfest; Ginger Beet Saison
- Little Fish Brewing Company – Apricot Reinheitsgewhat!?; Poisson Grand – Honey Saison
- Lock 27 Brewing – Stumbling Nag DIPA; Hippity Hopsta NEIPA; Pumpkin Pi Imperial Pumpkin Ale
- Lucky Star Brewery – Mucho Michelada-Bloody Mary, Ojos Locos-Mexican Lager
- MadTree Brewing Company – Blood Orange PsycHOPathy; Happy Amber
- Maumee Bay Brewing Company – Dreamin’ Demon; Brewedwitch Barleywine; Barrel Aged Total Eclipse w/ maple; Alegae Bloom
- Mother Stewart’s Brewing – Wet Hop Pale Ale; Porter; Oktoberfest
- Municipal Brew Works – Approachable Blonde; Orange Agave Blonde; Scout IPA; True West Coffee Porter
- North High Brewing Company – North High Stick amber ale; Mr. Fahrenheit NE IPA
- Paradigm Shift Brewing – Nightmare on North – Pumpkin Ale; Donkey Bones – Vienna Lager; Festus – Festbier; Wonderwall – IPA
- The Phoenix Brewing Company – Dark Lylith Imperial Chocolate Stout; Orange Eyes Pumpkin Ale; Embalming Fluid Double IPA; Cyclops Milkshake IPA; Undertaker Imperial Rye IPA
- Platform Beer Co. – Paranormal Hoptivity, Yammy Yammy
- Pretentious Barrel House – Derisive with Strawberries; Proficient (Sour Saison); Truculent with Peaches; Sybarite with Apricots
- Rhinegeist – Infinite Dawn; Existential Apples; Mushhushu; Quarky Citra
- Roundhouse Depot Brewing Company – Ichabod Train Pumpkin Pie Cream Ale; Scenic Train Oktoberfest
- Royal Docks Brewing Company – Deathly Mallows – Marshmallow Milk Stout; Dare IPA – Hybrid West Coast/NE Style IPA; Yuletide – Holiday Spice Ale; Jackboots & Kilt – Wee Heavy Scotch Ale
- Sibling Revelry Brewing – Festbier
- Star City Brewing – Building 26; Twisted Mill
- Streetside Brewery – Goseface Killah – Gose with Plum; 81 Feet – Pale Ale with Mandarina Bavaria and Cascade
- Toxic Brew Company – Hangar 18 Porter; Harvest Ale Seasonal
- Urban Artifact – Finn: Tart Pale Ale; Chariot: Tart Cherry Gose; Gaslight: Sour Fresh Hop Double IPA; Operation Plowshare: Blackberry Midwest Fruit Tart
- Warped Wing Brewing Company – Creepshow w/ Maple & Coffee; Lagerstadt Oktoberfest; Grape Creek Must Barleywine; Sauternes Barrel Aged Barn Gang Saison
- Wild Ohio Brewing – Black Cherry Bourbon; Blood Orange Tangerine
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing – Clear Sky Daybreak; Driftwood
- Yellow Springs Brewery – Multiball-Pilsner; S’mores Handsome-American Brown Ale w/s’mores; Little House of Haze- Hazy Pale Ale
WANT TO GO?
What: Ale-O-Ween presented by the Ohio Craft Beer Association
When: Saturday, Oct. 20, 6-9 p.m.
Where: Dayton Steam Plant, 617 E. Third St. in Dayton
Cost: Individual general admission tickets are available in advance for $40, which includes a souvenir glass and tasting tickets for 20 four-ounce samples. Early admission tickets are also available for $50, granting admission at 5 p.m. The brewers association is offering a group discount: the “Ale-O-Ween Six-Pack” includes six regular or early admission tickets for the price of five. Designated-driver admission is available for $15 and includes a food voucher. Tickets can be purchased online at www.beerfesttickets.com/aleoween.
More info: website