Pumpkin donut holes.
Need we say more?
The 43rd Annual Fall Farm Pumpkin Festival will be held this weekend, Oct. 5-6, at Young’s Jersey Dairy to celebrate all things pumpkin.
The festival offers the chance to enjoy traditional activities at the dairy farm, plus special fall-themed events.
Activities include posing for photos with “Humongus Gus” the giant pumpkin, cheesy tours and pumpkin bowling. Guests also can taste freshly made pumpkin cinnamon sugar donut holes.
🎃PUMPKIN FEST ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE
• Cowvin’s Corny Playland Adventure: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Cow Milking Demonstrations: Four hourly demonstrations starting at 1 p.m.
• Pumpkin Donut Hole Making: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Pumpkin Painting: Noon – 5 p.m. (free with purchase of a pumpkin)
• Human Powered Pumpkin Launcher: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. ($2/shot or 3 for $5)
• Young’s Farmstead Cheese Samples: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Young’s Farmstead Cheese Production Tour: 12:30 p.m. , 2 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5 p.m.
There are two ways to find your perfect Halloween jack-o’-lantern at the farm:
1. Choose a harvested pumpkin on display next to the Dairy Store. Many of the small pumpkins sell for $3 or less. Larger pumpkins are marked with the price.
2. Hitch a wagon ride to acres of pumpkins and choose your own. Pick your own pumpkins every day from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Purchase a ticket at Cowvin’s Corny Bin located between the Dairy Store and the Barn, then get on the wagon ride that goes to the Pumpkin Patch. After arriving at the field, get off the wagon and pick your pumpkin. The cost is $9 per pumpkin or 3/$24, which includes the wagon ride to the pumpkin patch.
🌽COWVIN’S CORNY PLAYLAND ADVENTURE
Cowvin’s Corny Maze has been transformed into a new playland for 2019.
Activities include a bale maze, Hula Hoop toss onto stick cows, a giant Connect Four game, large-scale whimsical animals made out of hay bales and human hamster wheels are among the new activities.
This year’s corn maze is about half the usual size due to weather impact on the corn. The maze should return to its normal state in 2020, and the bonus activities will stay, according to Young’s staff.
Cowvin’s Corny Playland Adventure is open daily starting Sept. 21 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Oct. 27. Admission is $4 per person.
👻HAUNTED WAGON RIDES
Haunted Wagon Rides will be held on Fridays and Saturdays in October from 7:30 to 10 p.m.. While the ride is intended to put you in a spooky spirit, it is geared toward families with children. The cornfield is filled with monsters and goblins, but none will grab or chase visitors. Children under age 11 must be accompanied by an adult.
Purchase your tickets at Cowvin’s Corn Bin, (located between the restaurant and the barn, then head to the Storytelling Theatre. Then board the wagon for a trip to the haunted cornfield.
The charge is $12 for adults and children ages 5 and older. Ages four and under are $5.
WANT TO GO?
What: 43rd Annual Fall Farm Pumpkin Festival
Where: Young’s Jersey Dairy, 6880 Springfield-Xenia Rd. Yellow Springs
When: Oct. 5-6, 2019
Admission: The pumpkin festival is free but some events and activities have a fee.
More info: https://youngsdairy.com/fall-farm-festival/