Fireworks, food trucks, a skydiving Santa and a light-up parade are part of the fun this weekend when Austin Landing officially welcomes in the holiday season.
Light Up the Landing, Austin Landing’s annual tree lighting ceremony, will take place Saturday, Nov. 16.
Holiday activities include:
5 p.m. — Face painting, holiday activities and more
6 p.m. — Light Up The Landing Parade featuring a skydiving Santa and elves and holiday characters
6:30 p.m. — Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony followed by a two-minute special effects fireworks show synchronized to holiday music
7-9 p.m. — Meet Santa at the tree and get photos
While you’re there, check out these food trucks and vendors (in addition to the restaurants on site).
• Rolling Indulgence, finalists on the Food Network's The Great Food Truck Race
• Duck Donuts
• Kettering Health Network will be providing free hot cocoa and holiday cookies and Firebirds will have a cheesecake sampling.
There will be holiday characters including The Grinch, Elf on the Shelf, Olaf the snowman and more.
There will be Polar Express train rides after the parade, face painting and a selfie mirror in front of the Christmas tree.
• Miami Township Police Vehicles & Friends
• McGruff the Crime Dog
• Knight from National Night Out
• Shorty the Miami Township Cop
• Montgomery County SWAT
• Montgomery County Law Enforcement Memorial Squad Car
• Miami Valley Fire District
• Sandy's Towing
• Staybridge Suites
• Joe's Landscaping
• Dayton Jeepin with all their decorated Jeeps
• Star Wars Characters provided by Rebel Legion
• Polar Express Train & Friends
• Blue Skies for the Good Guys and Gals featuring the Blue Skies Razor
• Gold Star Memorial Float
• Veteran Tribute Semi Truck
• Pink Ribbon Girls featuring Survivors and the Pink Fleet
• Springboro High School Drum Line
• Miamisburg Middle School and Elementary Color Guards
• Springboro Junior High School's Show Choir
• Celtic Academy of Irish Dance
• Jeanie Moreland Dance Theatre
• Diamond Jubilee Chorus
WANT TO GO?
What: Light Up The Landing
When: Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, from 5-9 p.m.
Where: The Park at Austin Landing
Cost: Free admission