A downtown Dayton brewery will celebrate its seventh anniversary by, of course, throwing a party, but this party comes with twist: the release of seven beers, each brewed in collaboration with a different Ohio brewery.
>> NEW TODAY: Fifth Street Brewpub launches new, patio-season-worthy menu
"I wanted to do something a little out of the ordinary for our 7th anniversary," Dayton Beer Company founder Peter Hilgeman said of the celebration scheduled for noon to midnight this Saturday, May 18, at the brewery at 41 Madison St. in downtown Dayton. "We teamed up with seven different breweries — Warped Wing, Hairless Hare, Devil Wind, 50 West, Pretentious, Akronym, and HIHO Brewing. All the beers are different, unique styles, and we've even barrel-aged some for later releases."
>> NEW TODAY: Man pops question at Ghostlight one year after 3-hour date in coffee shop date there
“After seven years, we are still evolving and adapting, growing rapidly, still experimenting, and still enjoying every minute of it,” Hilgeman told this news outlet. “Brewing beers with all of our good friends from each of these breweries was a lot of fun, and reminds us how awesome the beer community is and why we got into brewing in the first place: connecting with people through beer.”
- DBC & Hairless Hare Brewery: Do You Even Brut Bro (Brut IPA);
- DBC & Warped Wing Brewing Company: Combo #7 (Mexican Amber Lager);
- DBC & Pretentious Barrel House: Swipe Right 4 Berries (Wine-barrel-aged dark sour aged on Blueberries, Blackberries, Blackcurrants, and Boysenberries);
- DBC & Fifty West Brewing Company: Raspberry & Strawberry Kolsch (Name TBA);
- DBC & Akronym Brewing: Double IPA (Name TBA);
- DBC & HiHO Brewing Company: Pink Sea Salt Saison with Pink Guava (Name TBA);
- DBC & Devil Wind Brewing: English Brown Porter (Name TBA).
Dayton Beer Company opened in 2012 as a microbrewery and tasting room at 912 E. Dorothy Lane in Kettering before launching its much larger production brewery and tap room in downtown Dayton in April 2015 . It has expanded several times since, adding food service, a canning line, and additional brewing capacity.
WANT TO GO?
What: Dayton Beer Company 7th Anniversary
Where: 41 Madison St. in downtown Dayton
When: Saturday, May 18 from 12p-12a
About the Author