On Broadway, the musical was staged in the round at Circle in the Square. While that’s not the setting here, director Michael Arden and set designer Dane Laffrey have found new ways to present a more immersive show within a traditional theater setting.
Each production will offer a limited number of $25 on-stage bleacher seats.
Feel the sand on your toes and the tropical breeze and feel like part of the production.
HERE’S WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THE SEATS
• Onstage seats are $25 each.
• The seating is on stage just a few feet away from the cast.
• It is backless bleacher-style seating, padded.
• There are a limited number of seats available per performance.
• Must be at least 10 years old.
• Stage seats can include ADA accessible seats/wheelchairs – two maximum per performance.
• The seating offers side or rear view of some of the performance.
• Some aspects of the action may be obstructed.
HOW TO SCORE SOME OF THESE LIMITED TICKETS
Complete the online form on the Victoria Theatre Association's website and a staff member will contact you. If you have any questions, please contact Betty Gould at 937-461-8295.
WANT TO GO?
What: "Once On This Island," the Broadway musical on tour
When: Oct. 22-Oct. 27. Showtimes are 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday; 8 p.m. Friday; 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday and 1 and 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
Where: Schuster Center, 1 W. Second St., Dayton
Tickets: $26 to $99 plus service fees. Student rush tickets and military discounts are available. Get standard tickets online at TicketCenterStage.com, at the Box Office, or by phone at ( 937) 228-3630 or (888) 228-3630.