“We are trying to take to that headache out of it,” she said.
PARKING & SHUTTLES
Free parking will be available at the University of Dayton Arena lots A, B and C, with complimentary shuttles provided by Greater Dayton RTA. The RTA park-and-ride services will run from 11 a.m. today to 1 a.m. Monday.
Olsen said 10 RTA buses will run in a continuous loop, picking up and dropping off people near the three secured entrances to the event: Wayne Avenue and Van Buren Street; Wayne and Fourth Street and Fifth Street and Patterson Boulevard.
Parking will be free all day at the the Oregon District Garage, but Val Beerbower, a spokeswoman for the Downtown Dayton Partnership, said the parking is limited. The garage at 101 E. Fifth St. has 1416 spaces.
Some of the parking lots within the district are within the area that’s being fenced in.
The parking lot nearest Fifth Street and Patterson Boulevard will be used as a family zone with special activities, including a community art project and live entertainment.
>> Wondering who’s coming to Dave Chappelle’s Dayton block party? We have 7 really good guesses
• Walnut Street between Fourth and Fifth streets is closed now until 6 a.m. Monday.
The following streets will be closed from 6 a.m. today through 6 a.m. Monday:
• East Fifth Street from Patterson Boulevard to Bainbridge Street.
• Wayne Avenue from East Fourth Street to Hugo Street.
• Brown Street between East Fifth and East Sixth streets.
• Jackson Street between East Sixth Street and Wayne Avenue.
• Pine Street between East Fifth and Gates streets.
• Gates Street between Pine and Jackson streets.
In addition, there will be restricted access to the Oregon District neighborhood.