1. The conservation easements completed Monday protect the entire 973 acres of the preserve.
2. Funding for these two easements included $940,650 from the Clean Ohio Fund, $100,000 from the Village of Yellow Springs, and $39,034 from the Glen Helen Association.
3. Also included is $567,500 from the federal Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program.
4. The sales of the two easements and the covenant support the land stewardship and environmental learning programs of the Glen Helen Ecology Institute.
5. A previous protective conversation easement on 563 acres of the riparian corridor was completed in February 2013 for $1.2 million, using funding from Ohio Environmental Protection Agency’s Water Restoration Resource Sponsorship Program and The Upper River Fund.
For more info about Glen Helen, visit glenhelen.org.