It is believed that the man may have breathed in the bacteria as he gutted a deer, according to the CDC report.
Officials are not sure when it may have happened over the two decades, but that the infection reactivated in 2017.
>> Read more trending news
There had been a few cases of bovine TB being found in humans in Michigan, once in 2004, when a hunter had a finger injury suffered during field-dressing a deer. There was another case in 2002, when like the 2017 case, experts believed the hunter breathed in the bacteria while field-dressing a carcass.
Because of the threat of transmission, the CDC is suggesting hunters use protective equipment while field-dressing a deer. They are also saying that if a deer head is submitted for TB testing and is positive for the disease, the hunter could be at a higher risk of the infection and should be screened.