LeSean McCoy, ex-girlfriend reach agreement over eviction

After a lengthy closed-door mediation session that lasted nearly 90 minutes, lawyers for NFL running back LeSean McCoy and ex-girlfriend Delicia Cordon reached an agreement in an eviction hearing in Fulton County magistrate court Tuesday.

>> Read more trending news

Details of that agreement, obtained after the hearing by Channel 2 Action News, said that a Fulton County deputy sheriff will escort Cordon to McCoy's home on Hickory Pass in Milton on Aug. 20 at 2 p.m. to retrieve several items, including photos, a Christmas tree, holiday decorations and her son's gold chain. Attorneys for both Cordon and McCoy will be present as well.

McCoy, 30, was not in court Tuesday in Atlanta, as he remained in training camp with the Buffalo Bills. Cordon, 34, was present, but did not speak during the hearing.

Cordon’s attorney, Tanya Mitchell Graham, spoke briefly with reporters after the hearing. McCoy’s attorney, Michael LaScala, was not available for comment.

“(Cordon) has got to heal from the vicious attack that she suffered on July 10,” Graham said. “Anyone who has been through a home invasion and an aggravated battery would know that’s not something you heal from in 30 days.”

While Judge Melynee Leftridge said there will be no further appearances by McCoy, Cordon or their attorneys regarding this case in her courtroom, the two sides could meet again soon.

Last week, Graham filed a 22-page lawsuit on behalf of Cordon, claiming that McCoy and his friend Tamarcus Porter are “liable” for the injuries she suffered on July 10 when McCoy’s Milton home was broken into and she was assaulted by a lone suspect. Cordon estimates that $133,000 in jewelry was stolen from her during the home invasion. She was treated at a nearby hospital for injuries to her arms, head and face.

Tuesday’s hearing stemmed from an eviction notice that was filed on June 6 by Porter on behalf of McCoy, requesting that Cordon and her children be removed from the home. Porter and McCoy were football teammates at the University of Pittsburgh. It was the second time that McCoy has tried to have Cordon evicted. McCoy bought the Milton home in October 2016.

Graham told the judge that she challenged the legitimacy of the eviction Porter filed, and added that the eviction was served improperly to Cordon’s teenage son on June 11.

Graham also said that Cordon has already voluntarily left the home, but that she left some of her things behind and is unable to get them because she claims McCoy and Porter changed the locks. The attorney also claimed that some items were stolen from Cordon.

“I think people are losing sight of the fact that (Cordon) was viciously attacked on July 10, and the fact that she has had stolen jewelry, stolen furniture and damaged furniture are secondary to the fact that there is a perpetrator who committed an aggravated act, and that person is still at-large,” Graham said. “What is important and imperative to us is that that person is apprehended.”

When asked if she had any words for her supporters, Cordon said “no” as she was hurried away by her lawyers.

The Milton Police Department has not released any new information regarding the investigation into the July 10 home invasion, Graham said. A spokesperson for the department did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

McCoy was not home when his Milton house was invaded last month, and took to Twitter that day to deny his involvement in it. On July 26, he told reporters covering the Bills that, "It's an open investigation" and that his "focus is on" his teammates and winning a Super Bowl.

About the Author