Yet another summer staple has announced its reopening.
Land of Illusion’s Aqua Adventures, now reopening for its third summer in Middletown, is now open to the public. The park opened on Wednesday, June 10, and plans to stay open through Labor Day weekend.
The park features a gigantic inflatable playground, including a 43-foot-tall slide, and is immersed in water and surrounded by a sandy beach, perfect for lounging with the kids on a summer day. New last year, there is also a special inflatable playground made for younger children who may not be able to navigate the other playground.
Additionally, Aqua Adventures features inflatable obstacles, patio seating, sand volleyball courts and a (real) sandy beach nestled on a bright blue reservoir. There is also the Aqua Lounge, offering full bar service for any guest 21 or older.
To keep their customers safe, Land of Illusion is instituting several health and safety guidelines:
- Taking daily temperatures of employees and encouraging employees to stay at home if they’re feeling sick.
- Employees within 8 feet of customers or serving food and drinks are required to wear a mask.
- Social distancing signage throughout the park advising patrons to practice social distancing.
- Signage (seven feet apart) on concrete in areas where lines may form.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the park for patrons. Hand sanitizer is available for employees. Bottles of sanitizer will also be available for patrons to use on chairs and other park items when finished.
- Life jackets will be sanitized after patrons return them. Inflatables/paddleboards will be sanitized after patrons return them. Wibit will be sprayed off periodically throughout the day and sanitized.
- Chairs on beach will be separated six feet apart in groups of six chairs.
- Frequently sanitizing common touch areas.
Single-day tickets and season passes to the park will both be available. Adult tickets start at $28.99 and children’s tickets are $23.99. Season passes are $89.99 for adults, $79.99 for kids 10 or younger and $299.96 for a family of four. Guests will also be able to book private birthday party or event tents.
Know before you go:
- Life jackets must be worn at all times while on the Wibit or rental equipment.
- Life jackets must be worn by all swimmers under 18 years of age in all swimming areas.
- Life jackets are provided for guests using the Wibit or Paddle Board.
- You’re welcome to bring your own life jacket. It is a swim at your own risk facility. Attendants are not lifeguards.
- Every participant must sign a waiver. Everyone 18 and over must fill out their own waiver.
- Participants under the age of 17 must have a parent or guardian signature.
- No drones, selfie sticks, cameras or other electronic devices are permitted on the inflatables.
- You’re welcome to bring your own folding seat.
- Kids under three are free.
- At the first lightning strike or the rumble of thunder, participants are required to exit the lake. Wibit course will reopen after 30 minutes from last thunder rumble.
- There is no raincheck or reimbursement due to weather.
- Water socks are allowed, but shoes are not permitted on the inflatables or paddle boards.
- No pets are allowed.
- 43 inches is the height requirement for obstacle courses and paddle boards.
- No outside food or drink is permitted.
- A military discount is offered. $4 will be taken off your ticket with a valid military ID.
WANT TO GO?
What: Aqua Adventures at Land of Illusion
Where: 8762 Thomas Road, Middletown
Hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Sunday