Land of Illusion in Middletown is best known for its festivities around Halloween and Christmas. But this summer it has a brand new focus. It will become a new aquatic park.
Aqua Adventures features water slides, inflatable obstacles, a full bar, patio seating and a (real) sandy beach nestled on a bright blue reservoir.
The grand opening date for the new attraction is Friday, June 8.
Land of Illusion is currently accepting applications for bartenders for the Aqua Lounge.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Life jackets must be worn at all times while on the Wibit or rental equipment
- Life jackets must be worn by all swimmers under 18 years of age – in all swimming areas
- Life jackets are provided for guests using the Wibit or Paddle Board
- You’re welcome to bring your own life jacket. It is a swim at your own risk facility, attendants are not lifeguards
- Every participant must sign a waiver. Everyone 18 and over must fill out their own waiver
- Participants under the age of 17 must have a parent or guardian signature
- No drones, selfie sticks, cameras or other electronic devices are permitted on the inflatables
- You’re welcome to bring your own folding seat
- There is a minimum height requirement of 45″ to use the Wibit obstacle course and the Paddle Board rental
- Kids under 3 are free
- At the first lightning strike or the rumble of thunder, participants are required to exit the lake. Wibit course will reopen after 30 minutes from last thunder rumble
- There is no raincheck or reimbursement due to weather
FISH OUTTA WATER
There are three sand volleyball courts, corn hole, ping pong and a giant sandbox on site as well. Paddle boats and boards are available for rent. There is also the Aqua Lounge, offering full bar service to guests 21 and up.
HOW TO SAVE
You can currently purchase a season pass at grand opening price or $59.99 for adults, or $179.99 for a family of four. You can also add on a $19.99 seasonal parking pass. You can purchase your tickets and passes online.
Want to go?
WHAT: Aqua Adventures at Land of Illusion
WHERE: 8762 Thomas Road, Middletown
HOURS: Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
COST: $16.99-$19.99 adults, $14.99-$16.99 children. 3 and under are free.