Want beer, will travel.
In Dayton one doesn’t have to travel very far to sample some of the region and state’s best breweries.
It is all in walking distance.
There are about a half-dozen craft beer bars and four breweries within about a mile of each other in downtown Dayton and its surrounding historic districts.
- Warped Wing Brewing Company, 26 Wyandot St
- Fifth Street Brewpub, 1600 E 5th St.
- Dayton Beer Company, 41 Madison St.
- Toxic Brew Company, 431 E 5th St.
Downtown Dayton will have five breweries when Centerville’s Lock 27 Brewing opens its second brewery and a pub-restaurant overlooking Fifth Third Field’s main plaza in downtown Dayton.
That brewery is expected to open in spring.
KEY CRAFT BREW BARS & TAVERNS
- Lucky's Taproom & Eatery, 520 E 5th St.
- Crafted and Cured, 531 Wayne Ave.
- Thai 9, 11 Brown St.
- The Barrel House, 417 E. Third St.
- Trolley Stop, 530 530 E. Fifth St.
If that’s not a reason to take a walk, we don’t know what is.
See the spots on Downtown Dayton’s beer walking trail in the video above.
>> RELATED: Dayton's craft beer: A guide to breweries