Dayton is known for being one of the places that helped put funk on the map.
Mudlick Tap House is taking that inspiration and has put together a funk-inspired beer dinner happening April 25.
On the event description on Mudlick's website they write: "The 1960’s was the breaking point for FUNK. Music began to have attitudes, food became soul food and the way of living life changed forever! These artifacts inspired this menu telling a story…rocking your nosh through the flavor notes of the food and the auditory notes of the music!"
The menu, paired with beers from the Dayton Beer Company, includes:
• Jar of mixed pickled veggie paired with Jalapeño Face lager
• Beer-infused jalapeno soft pretzels with assorted mustard and bier cheese paired with Brown Street Ale
• A rye waffle with beer battered chicken tender, peanut butter, bourbon maple syrup and sprinkled with black lava salt paired with Labyrinth DIPA
• Beer braised beef cheeks, pan sauce, with black truffle fries topped with blue cheese
• Funk Sundae. Madisano’s dark chocolate orange gelato, blueberry balsamic, bourbon vanilla whipped cream, toasted Marcona almonds paired with Midnight Dream Russian Imperial Stout
The $65 ticket includes tax and gratuity.
Mark your calendars: The downtown restaurant has also announced "Whiskey: A chocolate pairing" event on May 2 for $60 per person featuring Esther Price chocolates paired with High West Whiskey as well as a gluten-free cider dinner on May 22 featuring Redhead Ciderhouse ciders.
Contact this contributing writer at email@example.com.
WANT TO GO?
What: Mudlick Tap House Funk Inspired Beer Dinner
Where: 135 E. Second St., Dayton
When: 6:30-9:30 p.m. April 25
Cost: $65 per person
More information: http://mudlicktaphouse.com/events or (937) 895-4066