We’re a few days out yet from Valentine’s Day, and Ghostlight Coffee already has us falling in love.
The Dayton coffeehouse, voted as your favorite in the city in the Best of Dayton 2018 contest, teased us with a very special Valentine’s Day menu. As Alicia Keys would say, some people want diamond rings and some just want everything, but if you’re like us, you just really want a good cup of coffee — and some chocolate, Ghostlight said.
The drink menu and romantic desserts are cacao-focused and all crafted by the talented Ghostlight bakers.
“Ghostlight’s Valentine’s Day menu will feature five luscious hot cacao based drinks, each features dark organic cocoa powder & steamed milk, lightly sweetened in its own unique way. Guests can add a double shot of espresso for a chic new take on the traditional mocha,” according to a Ghostlight press release.
Here are the five specialty drinks customers can look forward to:
• Cacao con Amore Dark Cocoa paired with cherry + vanilla simple syrup
• Cacao del dios Maya Dark Cocoa, spiced up with cayenne, cinnamon & cloves, & sweetened with cafe de olla syrup
• Cacao con Flores Dark Cocoa, lavender simple syrup & a dash of lavender sugar
• Cacao con Miel Dark Cocoa sweetened with honey, cinnamon & ginger (add a dash of cayenne if you dare)
• Cacao con Caramelo Dulce Dark Cocoa sweetened with homemade caramel syrup & topped with Malden Sea Salt
>> Best of Dayton 2018: Ghostlight voted Best Coffeehouse in Dayton
“In addition to mochas and hot cocoa, the Ghostlight Bakery will feature chocolate covered strawberries and cupcakes for two or four (for the whole family!). Cupcake flavors include tiramisu, buckeye, chocolate and berries, and vanilla and berries, in addition to Valentine’s Day cards from local stationary company Little City Love and a wide selection of craft chocolate bars.”
WANT TO GO?
WHAT: Ghostlight’s Valentine’s Day menu
WHEN: All day, Thursday, Feb. 14
WHERE: Ghostlight Coffee, 1201 Wayne Ave., Dayton