The Miami Valley Restaurant Association and Dayton Art Institute are teaming up to give the people what they want this week — Oktoberfest.
From Sept. 20-27, several Miami Valley restaurants will be serving German-inspired meals and beer specials to honor the Oktoberfest season. The Dayton Art Institute will be hosting a virtual Oktoberfest celebration on Saturday, Oct. 26.
The Dayton Art Institute’s Oktoberfest is one of the biggest celebrations of fall and serves as the museum’s main fundraiser for the year. To help raise funds for the museum, $2 from every meal purchased as a part of Oktoberfest Week will be donated to the Dayton Art Institute.
The following restaurants will be participating in Oktoberfest Week:
- Amber Rose Restaurant and Catering
- Buckhorn Tavern
- Bunkers Sports Bar and Grill
- Butter Cafe
- The Caroline
- Carrillon Brewing Company
- Chappys Social House
- Coco’s Bistro
- The Florentine Restaurant
- Mr. Boro’s Tavern
- Rip Rap Roadhouse
- Salar Restaurant and Lounge
- Watermark Restaurant
Some of the German-inspired menu items include Octoberfest Pancakes with a Peanut Butter Chocolate Milk Stout Syrup from Butter Cafe and bratwurst, German potato salad and other cultural fixtures from participating restaurants.
Sample menu: Amber Rose Restaurant
Get a sneak peek at some of the dishes you can try this week. Here is the Amber Rose in Dayton’s special menu:
- Potato Pancakes ($8.50): Two potato pancakes with scallions and sour cream
- Sausage, Sauerkraut & Potato Pierogi ($9.50): Four potato, sausage and sauerkraut filled dumplings served with sour cream
- Sauerkraut Balls ($8): Five savory balls of sausage and sauerkraut mixed with select herbs breaded and golden fried. Served with dark mustard and horseradish sauce.
- German Bier Cheese ($9.50): Served with soft pretzels
- Schmidt’s Bahama Mama ($15): Hickory smoked sausage served with sauerkraut and hot German potato salad
- Wiener schnitzel ($20): Mit Pomme Frites with Cognac mushroom demi-glace
- Old World Sausage Sampler ($17): Beer marinated Knockwurst, Bratwurst and Smoked Sausage, served with sauerkraut and hot German potato salad
- Hunter Schnitzel ($18): Pretzel crusted pork loin, sautéed and topped with Dijon cream sauce. Served with potato pancake and homemade sauerkraut
- Grilled Sauerbraten ($23): Traditional German steak marinated and grilled served with sauerkraut and herbed spätzle.
- Cabbage Rolls ($15): With ground beef and pork, rice and special seasoning rolled in cabbage leaves and roasted. Served with mashed potatoes and gravy, and vegetable of the day.
- Jagger Schnitzel ($22): Lightly breaded tender veal cutlets with Swiss cheese and savory mushroom sauce. Served over herbed spaetzle.
Served with chips & pickle
- Bahama Mama ($10): A grilled link of smoked sausage on a toasted New England split-top bun
- Bratwurst ($10): Topped with spicy mustard and sauerkraut
- Traditional Reuben ($12): House cooked corned beef topped with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and 1000 Island dressing on grilled rye
Braised Red Cabbage Kasepatzle
Bavarian Apple Dumpling
View Oktoberfest Week menus or just to learn more about the event, visit dineoutdayton.com or the event’s Facebook page.
About the Author