PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS AND MENUS
Here’s a look at a handful of Restaurant Week special menus that caught our eye.
For a complete list of participating restaurants and what they’re serving, visit https://dineoutdayton.com/project/summer-restaurant-week-2020.
We recommend calling ahead to confirm participation and any carryout options available at each participating restaurant.
The Amber Rose Restaurant and Catering, 1400 Valley St., is a Dayton institution specializing in homemade Eastern European cuisine. LISA POWELL / STAFF
🍽️Amber Rose Restaurant
1400 Valley St., Dayton | (937) 228-2511
First course (choose one)
- BBQ jalapeno-bacon Angus beef slider: Fresh Angus beef, jalapeno bacon topped with white cheddar cheese, house-made BBQ sauce and crispy onion rings on a bakery fresh bun.
- Strawberry spinach salad: Fresh baby spinach tossed with fresh strawberries, feta cheese, red onions and house-made raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- BBQ ribs ($20.20): Slow-cooked, fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs smothered in our house-made BBQ sauce and served with pub fries.
- Bone-in pork chop ($25.20): Thick-cut bone-in apple-wood smoked pork chop topped with apple cinnamon glaze and served with roasted Brussel sprouts with bacon balsamic glaze.
- Filet Migon ($30.20): Fresh Angus beef grilled and topped with herb butter and served with roasted Brussel sprouts with bacon balsamic glaze.
Banana Foster bread pudding
Meadowlark restaurant in Washington Twp. is among the participants of Summer Restaurant Week by the Miami Valley Restaurant Association. PHOTO BY E.L. HUBBARD, CONTRIBUTING PHOTOGRAPHER
5531 Far Hills Ave., Washington Twp.,| (937) 434-4750
Our Restaurant Week Menu is inspired by the summer comfort foods we all love and crave right now, with four courses for $30.20
Cheesy shrimp spread on crackers
Appetizer course choices
- Mexican Grilled street corn with all the trimmings
- Watermelon, tomato and cucumber salad with mint, cashews, and Nuoc Cham
Main course choices
- Poached then grilled local zucchini with potatoes, corn, cherry tomatoes and spinach, slathered with Old Bay-nori butter
- Fresh corn griddle cakes with blackened salmon filet and poblano pepper cream
- Crunchy chicken Milanese with Italian “gravel”, pasta with butter and parmesan, and lemony arugula salad
- Grilled summer pork and vegetable skewers on our favorite skillet rice
- Black bottom caramel pudding
- Beachcomber Pie with Saltine Crust
- Louisiana-style Root Beer Float
Patio of Pasha Grill at the Greene in Beavercreek. (Staff photo by Amelia Robinson)
72 Plum St., The Greene, Beavercreek | (937) 429-9000
Three-course meals for $20.20
- Choose from humus, Ezme, Babaganush, Haydari, Pilaki, tabuli, eggplant with sauce, grape leaves or falafel.
- Soups are lentil or chicken vegetable and salads are a house or a shepherd salad.
Entree choices include an adana kebab, doner kebab, chicken kebab, chicken adana kebab, kofte kebab, has has kebab, karniyarik, lahana sarma, chicken delight, doner special, mousaka, vegetable stew with lamb or chicken, filet of salmon or tilapia.
Rice pudding, almond pudding and a milk custard.
Salar Restaurant and Lounge's famous beef empanada. AMELIA ROBINSON/STAFF
Credit: Amelia Robinson
Credit: Amelia Robinson
🍽️Salar Restaurant and Lounge
400 E. 5th St., Dayton,| (937) 203-3999
- Apple Goat Cheese Salad: Mixed greens, goat cheese, dried cranberries and apple matchsticks tossed with yogurt and pecan vinaigrette.
- Chicharrones: Chicken thigh strips marinated and deep-fried, served with tangy carrot slaw and spicy yellow Peruvian chili pepper and cilantro sauce.
- Peruvian Beef Empanada: Juicy stir-fried beef tenderloin and Peruvian spices wrapped in turnovers.
- Beef Saltado Style: Pan-seared strips of filet mignon with sautéed onions, tomatoes, yellow Peruvian peppers and spices tossed with hand-cut French fries over jasmine rice.
- Grilled Chicken Skewers: Marinated and grilled chicken skewers topped with green onion and aji Amarillo salsa on a bed of white rice with grilled French green beans.
- Mahi Mahi: Seared Mahi served with a creamy tomato basil sauce, grilled asparagus and Yukon potato and leek puree.
- Pork Filet Mignon: Whole pork filet mignon, marinated in Peruvian Panca pepper then grilled and topped with Argentinian chimichurri and served with scalloped Idaho potato, Morita pepper sour cream, queso fresco and grilled French green beans.
- Chocolate Mousse
- Tres Leches
Eric and Maria Walusis of Watermark restaurant in Miamisburg, one of the participants in Summer Restaurant Week. AMELIA ROBINSON/STAFF
Credit: Amelia Robinson
Credit: Amelia Robinson
20 S. First St., Miamisburg | (937) 802-0891
- Calamari taco (1): Shagbark Mills tortilla with crispy calamari, roasted poblano vinaigrette, charred corn salsa, basil, and balsamic – GF
- Green salad: Mixed greens, shaved parmesan, house-made croutons, basil buttermilk ranch – vegetarian / can be GF
- Sweet corn cake: Sweet corn cake topped with avocado-chipotle sour cream, smoked poblano drizzle, pico de gallo – vegetarian
- Cup of sweet corn bisque: Fresh sweet corn bisque garnished with bacon and scallions – GF/vegetarian without garnish
- Grilled swordfish ($30.20): Atop summer succotash with sweet corn sauce and roasted tomatoes – GF
- Korean grilled short-ribs ($30.20): Deliciously seasoned and served with cilantro lime basmati rice and crispy tempura green beans
- Roasted cauliflower steak ($25.20): Herb and panko-crusted roasted cauliflower steak, served over cannellini beans in a smoky tomato broth with spinach, roasted tomato and herbs – veg/vegan, can be GF
- Tres Leches Cake: Traditional Mexican dessert topped with chopped pistachios
- Summer Berry Pavlova: With fresh strawberries and blueberries, whipped cream and boozy Luxardo cherry syrup – GF
Wheat Penny Oven & Bar is one of the restaurants participating in Summer Restaurant Week. MARSHALL GORBY/STAFF
515 Wayne Ave, Dayton, | (937) 496-5268
4 courses for $30.20
Sippin’ green gazpacho with olive focaccia
- Burrata with speck, roasted corn, cherry tomatoes, basil and pecorino
- White bean bruschetta topped with chiffonade of summer greens and a crispy Parmesan frico
- Venetian bronzino in parchment with herbs, white wine, capers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini and potatoes
- Malfatti pasta with pancetta and cherry tomato cruda
- Crispy cauliflower cutlet with basil-mint pesto
- Peach-tomato salsa, a drizzle of spicy honey and choice of two sides
- Fried Ohio chicken thigh with N’duja butter and choice of two sides
- Crispy pork belly porchetta rolled with fennel and herbs and choice of two sides
- Tuile with blueberry ice cream, lemon basil syrup and goat cheese cream
- Peach and berry croustade
- Chocolate truffles and Wheat Penny Chili-Almond Cracker Jack
WANT TO GO?
What: Summer Restaurant Week
When: July 19-26, 2020
Where: Participating restaurants in the greater Dayton area
Cost: Meals range in price from $20.20-$30.20
More info and complete list of restaurants: (937) 461-MVRA or www.dineoutdayton.com
Other upcoming MVRA events
Bacon Week: Aug. 15-22
BBQ Week: Sept. 19-26
Oktoberfest Week: Oct. 10-17
Other possibilities: The Miami Valley Restaurant Association’s Amy Zahora says she will definitely be adding a Taco week in August, a Crazy Crab week in October and a salad week somewhere in between with dates still to be announced.
Contact this contributing writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.