Shoppers at the Dayton Mall can now play cornhole, ping pong and giant chess while on their trip to the Miami Twp. shopping center.
The Yard, an entertainment concept with traditional, outdoor family games has opened at the Dayton Mall. It’s similar to the concept that launched last year at the Mall at Fairfield Commons. Both malls are owned by Washington Prime Group.
PHOTOS: Thousands of bikers attend funeral for former Outlaw Motorcycle Club president
“Our goal is to create experiences beyond shopping,” said Dave Duebber, general manager of Dayton Mall. “Our work at Dayton Mall is part of our long-term focus to reinvent the retail experience for our guests. As part of this reinvention, we continue to add community gathering spaces…Our dynamic offering of things to do along with things to buy keeps our guests engaged and returning often.”
Other games include oversized Jenga and Connect Four. The Yard near Dick’s Sporting Good is free and open during mall hours.
FIVE FAST READS
• Prominent Oakwood boutique set to close
• $3 a gallon gas could be on the horizon sooner than you think
• PHOTOS: Local, historic octagon-shaped house on market for first time in 35 years
• Ohio Senate panel OKs 6-cent hike in gas tax
• DSW rebranding under a new company name