The chain also signed an agreement with Michael Kern, former CEO and president of Long John Silver’s Inc. Kern and his team have committed to developing 110 Rapid Fired Pizza locations and North Carolina and South Carolina. His company currently operates 14 Long John Silvers in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
“We are excited to have Mike and his team on board,” said Ray Wiley, president of Rapid Fired Pizza. “It speaks well of our young brand that we have worked so hard to build, that a seasoned professional like Mike Kern chose Rapid Fired Pizza.”
Rapid Fired Pizza was founded in Kettering and opened its first store in 2015. It offers a build-your-own pizza that is cooked in 180 seconds. The company just opened its 15th store in less than 18 months, and has 13 more in construction.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Kroger to create 600 jobs with new Dayton-area stores
• RETAIL ROUND-UP: 3 stories about Cabela's, RadioShack, Starbucks
• Development officials see growth in downtown
• Centerville strip mall demolished next to Elsa's
• Ohio economy to win big with future NCAA games