The public will get to vote for the people’s choice award. Last year’s People’s Choice champion, Nacho Pig from Greenville, will be back to defend the title of the Darke County People’s Choice Award.
>> What you’re saying: Should Kings Island require masks when it reopens?
This year, the event is hosted by Creme de la Creme Cakery, a home-based dessert business in Arcanum, along with The Great Darke County Fair. The event's organizers are asking guests to socially distance.
Confirmed food trucks scheduled to appear at the rally:
- Badges BBQ
- Buckeye Burgers
- Candi's Concessions
- Chucks Foods & Concessions, INC
- Creme de la Creme Cakery
- El Meson
- Get Loaded
- Greek Street Food Truck
- The Homestead Spud
- Hunger Paynes
- Kettle Colonel
- Kona Ice of Troy
- Little Z Concessions
- Mikesell's Concessions
- ~Nacho Pig~
- Ron's Holy Smokin BBQ
- Wholly Smokes BBQ
- Zombie Dogz
Confirmed craft vendors appearing at the Craft Vendor Market:
- The Speckled Sparrow Boutique
- Blessed Love Creations
- Mary Kay by Courtney Bailey
- Vintage Voyage Rentals
- Renewal by Anderson
- Tastefully Simple by Lois Crawford
- Brown Bag Soap Co.
- Lularoe by Cerah Dugan
- Avon by Anne Erwin
- Tupperware with Pat Fraley
- Roxanne Groff--VIP Independent Scentsy Consultant Page
- Accessorize With Andrea... Paparazzi
- Zilis by Lori Harrod
- Leathered Up
- Mountain Man Trading
- Dandi "lye" n Sudz
- Gigi's Gems
- 31 by Jessica Kremer
- Full Life Chiropractic
- Pink Zebra with Kristy Louk Independent Consultant-Sprinkles Galore
- Katies Pieces
- Senegence with Katherine Mangen
- Doggone Good Cause
- Sweet and Sassy Bout-ique
- Exquisitely Erika's Creation
- Better You Boutique LLC
- Black Pearl by Holly Rismiller
- SICSA Pet Adoption Center
- Rachel Shaw- Pampered Chef Independent Consultant
- L & M Candles
- Norwex by Kendra Stamy
- Vinyl Inception
- His & Hers Creations
- Color Street by Melia Rambo-Stump
- Epicure by Angie Trego
- Zija by Colette Warner
- PJ Craft's
Guests can also expect to enjoy amusement rides from noon to 8 p.m. and other favorite county fair staples.
The cost for rides is $17 for an arm band. Find a $5 off coupon by going to the facebook page for the “Darke County Food Truck Rally & Competition.”
A family pack of tickets (25 for $20) will also be available. Most rides take 2-3 tickets each.
The talent show, beginning at 11 a.m. in the gazebo, is open to all ages and talents. A panel of professional judges from the Miami Valley will be judging the competition. First-place winners will receive $150, second place winners will receive $100 and participants who come in third place will receive $50. Those who want to participate in the Darke County's Got Talent Competition can sign up by filling out this online form. All microphones will be sanitized between performances and social distancing will be required.
>> Sneak peek at the mouthwatering Dayton Burger Week menus
After the talent show wraps up around 1:30 p.m., live performances by Noah Back Music (2-5 p.m.) and Shannon Clark & The Sugar (5-8 p.m.) will commence. All live performances will be in the open air gazebo at the fairgrounds.
The food trucks and Craft Vendor Market will be open throughout the day.
• All food trucks will be placed 20 feet apart to ensure proper social distancing between food trucks.
• All individual food trucks will have 6 feet of space between each customer in their individual lines with markings.
• Food trucks will not have any self-service. Condiments will either be placed on the food by the vendor or offered in individual containers.
• All food truck employees will be wearing a mask and hand sanitizer will be available at each food truck.
• There will be no dining or seating near food trucks. There will be picnic tables in the grass area spaced at least 20-feet apart.
• Craft vendors will be either inside the coliseum or outside under a tent. Attendance inside the coliseum will be capped at 250 people. Traffic flow will be directed.
• Each craft vendor will be inside a 10-by-10-foot space. Another empty 10-by-10-foot space will be between each craft vendor.
• Hand sanitizer stations will be set-up at each entrance of the coliseum.
• Each craft vendor will have hand sanitizer available at their booth and will be required to wear masks.
There will be a staff of two employees to clean and sanitize the restrooms during peak volume and at least once per hour. Staff will restock supplies for hand washing, including soap and will clean and sanitize all high-touch surface areas.
• Rides and fence areas will be sanitized before opening each day and sanitized each hour.
• Hand sanitizer stations will be set up for customers to use before entering and exiting a ride.
• Signage will be posted on the rides, reminding customers to social distance and encouraging them to wear a mask.
• Families will be allotted to ride the rides together in same tubs or cars, single riders will be allotted to ride the ride by themselves.
• Six-foot markings on the ground will be placed at entrances of rides.
WANT TO GO?
What: The Darke County Food Truck Rally & Competition
Where: Darke County Fairgrounds; 800 Sweitzer St., Greenville
When: Saturday, June 27, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Cost: Free admission and $2 for parking. A portion of the proceeds will help the Solid Rock Apostolic Church Outreach program from Bradford.
More info: Website | Facebook