With nearly 50 restaurants participating in this year's Winter Restaurant Week promotion, there are more options than days in the week to try them.
Sneak Peek to Winter Restaurant Week, presented by Buckeye Vodka, will offer an opportunity to have many different tastes. Tickets are $20.20 in advance for the Jan. 15 event and can be purchased online. The ticket price goes up to $25 the day of.
Here's a look at the participating restaurants and the dishes they will be serving up:
>> FOOD FREEBIE: Penn Station offering free fries
Restaurants and menus include:
• Amber Rose: Shrimp skewers and red beans and rice
• Basil's on Market: Espresso encrusted pork loin, topped with chocolate sea salt placed on southwest rice
• Calypso Grill: Jerk brisket, Caribbean mac and cheese and collard greens
• Coco's Bistro: TBD
• ele Cake Co and Wine Bistro: Warm mushroom salad with pancetta, hazelnuts, and mascarpone
• El Meson: A Cuban baked casserole layered with ham, chicken, yellow rice, peas, Pimentos and cheese
• Meadowlark: Pernil roasted Puerto Rican pork shoulder
• Roost: Madagascar vanilla budino with caramel sauce, whipped cream and salt
• Salar Restaurant and Lounge: Paella
• Sunrise Cafe: Bone, figs, and hominy — a rich hearty stew with a housemade bone broth, figs, and whole hominy, potatoes and herbs
• Station House: Pork shanks and 7-layer salad
• Tavern at The Greene: Campfire ice cream
• View 162: Smoked brisket with Gouda and cheesecake.
• Watermark Restaurant: Pig in a blanket and mustard dip
• Wheat Penny: Braised chicken thighs and polenta
WANT TO GO?
What: Sneak Peek to Winter Restaurant Week
When: Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: The Steam Plant, 617 E. Third St., Dayton
Cost: $20.20 per ticket in advance or $25 at the door. VIP tickets including early admission at 5:30 p.m. and two drink tickets are an additional $10. Tickets can be purchased online here.
More info: (937) 461-MVRA or www.dineoutdayton.com