When Buckeye Vodka meets some of Dayton’s finest bartenders, everyone wins.
The sixth annual Buckeye Vodka Battle of the Bartenders is going down from 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, at The Steam Plant, 617 East Third St., Dayton.
This year’s event will feature mixologists from 17 restaurants. Each drink will be paired with food from the respective restaurants.
Tickets are $25 and include four drink samples and food from each of the restaurants. VIP tickets are $35 and include early entry at 5 p.m. and an additional four drink samples. Designated driver tickets are $18. They can be purchased at Mr. Boro’s Tavern or online at dineoutdayton.com
Participating restaurants and dishes in the 2019 Buckeye Vodka Battle of the Bartenders include:
We will update this list as more information is available:
• Amber Rose Restaurant and Catering — Cocktail TBA | Pairing: Chicken and Waffles
• Archers Tavern — Cocktail TBA | Pairing: Espresso Coffee Cake
• Calypso Grill and Smokehouse — Cocktail: Island in The Heart | Pairing: Jerk Wings
• Carvers Steaks & Chops — Cocktail: TBA | Pairing Beef Brisket with Chimichurri
• Coco's Bistro — TBA
• Dewberry 1850 — Cocktail: Herb your enthusiasm | Pairing: Butterscotch popcorn with smoked gouda cheese
• elé Cake Co. Bistro & Wine Bar — Cocktail: TBA | Pairing: Creamy Lump Crab Dip with Housemade Everything Crackers
• El Meson — Cocktail: To be revealed at the event | Pairing: Paella
• Flyboy's Deli — Cocktail: TBA | Pairing: Buffalo Chicken Dip, Tortilla Chips and Celery
• Giovanni's — Cocktail TBA | Pairing: TBA
• Lily's Bistro — Cocktail TBA | Pairing Brie Toast with Pear Cranberry Chutney
• Meadowlark — Cocktail: TBA | Pairing: Bacon Cheddar Scones
• Mr. Boro's Tavern — Cocktail TBA | Pairing: House Smoked Bourbon Chicken Sliders served on Hawaiian Sweet Roll and served with a side of House Made Pineapple Cole Slaw
• Primanti Bros. —Cocktail TBA | Pairing: Southwest Turkey Sandwich and Potato Chips
• Roost Modern Italian —Cocktail TBA | Pairing: Creme Brûlée
• Wheat Penny Oven and Bar — Cocktail TBA | Pairing: Mini Lamb Buns
• The Winds Café — Cocktail; TBA | Pairing: Savory Duck Fat Shortbread with Duck Terrine and Fruit Mostarda
2018 — Defending Champion Brock McKibben of Wheat Penny “Merchant’s Wife”
2017 — Bill Castro of El Meson “Tamiami Miami”
2016 — Nikolaus Hunt of Coco’s Bistro “Coco’s Ruby Slipper”
2015 — Amber Brady of Lily’s Bistro “Rosemary’s Babee”
2014 — Dustin Wade of Meadowlark “The Root of All Evil”
Want to go?
WHEN: 6-9 p.m. Feb. 28 (VIP early entry at 5 p.m.)
WHERE: The Steam Plant, 617 East Third St., Dayton
COST: Tickets are general admission $25 or VIP $35 in advance. Designated driver tickets are available for $18. Buy tickets here.