Fitness, fun and fantastic prizes — Tour de Way is a win, win, win.
Tour de Way is a new program designed by the Great Miami Riverway to encourage people to explore the region and possibly, even, be rewarded for it.
“We wanted to give everyone a chance to rediscover their own backyard,” said Elizabeth Connor, of the Great Miami Riverway.
>>COOL TREATS: Grab a spoon and hop on our Dayton Ice Cream Trail
Participants of all ages can register free online, then visit as many of the more than 100 different locations along the expansive Great Miami Riverway as they can between now and March 1, 2020. Scan the onsite QR code and earn an entry for the grand prize drawing, as well as monthly prize giveaways.
“The more places you scan, the more chances you have to win,” Connor said. “And, you can double your points if you post a photo.”
Participants who post a photo on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #RiverwayGiveaway receive double points for that location.
>>BEST OF DAYTON 2018: Fitness, Outdoors & Recreation winners
The Great Miami Riverway consists of 99 miles of river, paved trails and connected communities from Sidney to Hamilton, winding right through downtown Dayton. The communities along the way offer a variety of activities from arts and entertainment to outdoor recreation and dining.
“We worked hard to make sure there was something for everyone on the list of places,” Connor said.
“Something for everyone” is not an exaggeration.
>>FREE MUSIC: Levitt Pavilion’s 50 free concerts
Music lovers can scan codes at the Levitt Pavilion or JD Legends. Enjoy a handcrafted ale at one of the participating downtown Dayton breweries — including Toxic Brew, Warped Wing, Lock 27 and Dayton Beer Co. — or KB’s Taphouse in Sidney. From lunch at A&G Pizza in Franklin to dinner at El Meson or a sweet treat at ele’ Cake Co., there are many locations to satisfy your need to snack. If you’d prefer to prepare your own delectable dishes, there are QR codes at various local farmers markets, including those in Franklin, Sidney and Troy.
History buffs can take a trip back in time at Carillon Historical Park or visit the Franklin or Ross Historical societies. If art is more to your liking, the Dayton Art Institute and Victoria Theatre are participating locations.
Outdoor enthusiasts can walk, pedal or paddle their way to more points by visiting Mad River Run at Eastwood MetroPark, the canoe livery at Treasure Island Park in Troy, or the Great Miami Recreational Trail.
Bonus pop-up locations add to the fun and the points throughout the event. Prizes run the gamut from outdoor recreation items — like a bike or tent — to restaurant gift certificates and, even a WACO biplane ride.
🛶 TOUR DE WAY PRIMER
• Register online at www.greatmiamiriverway.com.
• Visit one of the more than 100 tour locations and follow the instructions to find the QR code.
• Scan the QR code with your smartphone. Simply open your camera app and point it at the QR code to be directed to the website.
• The first time you scan, you’ll need to create a Great Miami Riverway account so that your locations are saved.
• Every QR code you scan will be automatically saved in your account.
• Scan the locations in your passport and at bonus locations through March 1, 2020.
• Watch for monthly prize giveaways on the Great Miami Riverway social media pages. You do not need to be present to win, but you do need to be able to locally pick up your prizes.
• Keep checking the Riverway’s social media accounts for pop-up and temporary QR code locations.
>>PAST COVERAGE: Why RiverScape River Run is a huge deal for Dayton
🛶 TOUR DE WAY COMMUNITIES
QR code locations are scattered throughout the following communities. Visit www.greatmiamiriverway.com for a downloadable guide for each city.
• West Carrollton