The grant will cover up to $3,000 to produce a collaborative art project, public art project or immersive art experience during Art in the City, Val Hunt Beerbower, DDP communication manager, said in an e-mail.
Art in the City celebrates the arts in the community and will be held Aug. 2. The event features live presentations from arts groups and a juried art exhibition.
The goals for the grant, which is due April 12, are to:
• Give artists, of any style, the opportunity to showcase their talents, services, and creativity in a way that might not otherwise be feasible due to cost restrictions
• Foster unique artistic activity
• Be experiential in nature, engaging with the community
• Enhance Art in the City by providing an additional focal point for the event
More information and the grant application can be found here: 2019 Art in the City Experimental Art Grant
Art in the City is part of the annual DP& L Summer in The City event, a series of events showcasing all that downtown has to offer.
Save the date for these upcoming events:
• May – September, The Square is Where. Summer fun weekdays on Courthouse Square.
• May 11, Downtown Housing Tour. A free tour of a variety of downtown homes, condos, apartments and lofts.
• June 1, The Great Dayton Adventure Race. Find clues throughout Dayton to win cash.
• Aug. 2, Art in the City. Celebrate the arts in downtown Dayton