Basics: 5 S. Market St., Troy. Call (937) 552-7676. Website.
Why it rates: Great blend of an intimate atmosphere and well-crafted dishes.
Basics: 250 Warren St., Dayton.Call (937) 228-2626. Website.
Why it rates: This restaurant has carved a strong reputation with its eclectic menu and inviting decor.
Basics: 19 E. Main St., Tipp City. Call (937) 667-0007. Website.
Why it rates: This restaurant in downtown Tipp City serves up perfectly executed, creative dishes in a charming atmosphere.
Basics: 824 E. Fifth St., Dayton. Call (937) 222-0204. Website
Why it rates: The World Famoso spaghetti is always a crowd-pleaser, plus tons of other Italian faves.
Basics: 225 E. Sixth St., Dayton's Oregon Historic District. Call (937) 222-2892. Website.
Why it rates: Fine seafood dishes and great desserts.
Basics: 329 E. 5th St., Dayton; Call (937) 723-7637. Website.
Why it rates: Lily's Bistro offers unique, seasonal comfort dishes with a Southern vibe.
Credit: Ohio Pork Council
Credit: Ohio Pork Council
Basics: 5531 Far Hills Ave., Washington Twp.; Call (937) 434-4750. Website.
Why it rates: An eclectic but comfortable vibe and inspired cuisine make this an inviting destination.
Basics: 453 Miamisburg-Centerville Road, Washington Twp. Call (937) 567-8888. Website.
Why it rates: This fondue restaurant's subdued lighting helps create an undeniably romantic atmosphere.
THE OAKWOOD CLUB
Basics: 2414 Far Hills Ave., Oakwood. Call (937) 293-6973. Website.
Why it rates: In addition to the classic steakhouse menu, the "OC" has several fine seafood options, all in an elegant atmosphere.
SHEN'S SZECHUAN & SUSHI
Basics: 7580 Poe Ave., Vandalia. Call (937) 898-3860. Website.
Why it rates: The soft lighting and rich woods of this restaurant's interior make it one of the most inviting atmospheres in the Miami Valley.
SALAR RESTAURANT & LOUNGE
Basics: 400 E. Fifth St., Dayton. (937) 203-3999. Website.
Why it rates: A beautifully decorated restaurant, with classy creative dishes.
Basics: 524 E Fifth St., Dayton. (937) 222-3100. Website.
Why it rates: Cozy atmosphere, upscale Italian cuisine combine to boost the romance quotient.
Basics: 2450 Dayton-Xenia Road, Beavercreek. Call (937) 426-4600. Website.
Why it rates: High-backed, comfortable booths, consistent service and a fine atmosphere.
But wait, there’s more: Here are some other options to consider
• Basil's on Market, Troy and Dayton locations
• BRAVO Cucina Italiana (two locations)
• Bonefish Grille, Miami Twp.
• Brio Tuscan Grille, Beavercreek (The Greene)
• Carrabba's Italian Grill, Washington Twp.
• Carvers Steaks & Chops, Washington Twp.
• Cheesecake Factory, Beavercreek (The Greene)
• Firebirds Grill (Austin Landing)
• Greenfire Bistro, Tipp City
• J. Alexanders, Washington Twp.
• Mamma DiSalvo's, Kettering
• Michael Anthony's at the Inn, Versailles
• Olive Garden (two locations)
• Pasha Grill, Beavercreek (The Greene)
• P.F. Chang's, Miami Twp.
• Spaghetti Warehouse, downtown Dayton
• Spinoza's Pizza & Salads, Beavercreek (Mall at Fairfield Commons)
• View 162 Restaurant & Lounge in the Crowne Plaza hotel, Dayton
• Thai 9, Dayton (Oregon District)
• The Florentine, Germantown
• The Winds, Yellow Springs