Lily’s Dayton will launch its 4th annual Oyster Fest on Tuesday, Jan. 26.
The popular Oregon District restaurant, which recently overhauled its menu and concept with a more relaxed and retro Tiki theme, will be running the promotion for two weeks this year in what they are calling a “COVID edition.”
The promotion runs through Feb. 7 and will feature raw and cooked special oyster preparations alongside Lily’s full tropical-inspired dinner and cocktail menu.
Oyster Fest specials
Raw oysters on the half shell
Choose either assorted East Coast (Washburn, Bluepoint; typically “meatier” but individual sizes vary) or West Coast (Barron Point; typically deep-cupped and more petite), $2.50 each, choose up to 1 sauce per 2 oysters: horseradish, cocktail sauce, or lemongrass mignonette. Saltines and hot sauce available at no cost upon request.
- “Bloody Mary:” Belle of Dayton Vodka, Lily’s signature Bloody Mary Mix, celery, and raw oyster, $7
- Sake: Chilled sake, ponzu citrus soy vinaigrette, sesame seed, raw oyster, $7
Soup and appetizers
- Oyster and potato leek New-England style chowder, $6
- Oysters “Cochon-feller”: oysters baked on the half shell with butter, garlic, and sambal, inspired by owner Emily Mendenhall’s favorite oyster preparation from her former employer, Cochon, in New Orleans, $12
- Add freshly baked rosemary-garlic focaccia bread for dipping for $5
- Fried oysters with Lily’s spicy remoulade, $10
- Oyster Scampi. Shucked oysters and angel hair pasta in a white wine, garlic, and butter sauce with fresh herbs and oven-roasted cherry tomatoes, $20
- Fried Oyster Po-Boy: Fried oysters on French bread, dressed with lettuce, tomato, and Lily’s remoulade, served with house garlic fries, $17
- Key lime pie with whipped cream and lime zest, $7
- Banana pudding featuring housemade vanilla wafers layered with vanilla pudding, fresh bananas, and whipped cream, $7
The Oyster Fest specials are only available during dinner service available as supply permits, and are not available during weekend brunches, Saturday and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All of the Oyster Fest specials will also be available for carryout orders, including contactless curbside carryout, that can be placed on the restaurant’s website at www.toasttab.com/lilysdayton/v3. Most carryouts take about 20 minutes to prepare.
Walk-ins are always welcome at the restaurant, and a limited number of reservations are being accepted by calling (937) 723-7637.
In addition to oysters, Lily’s will be offering a list of special champagne and sparkling wines to compliment them. The list includes:
- Laurent-Perrier Brut Champagne (enough for two to toast), $16
- Canard Duchene, Authentic Brut Champagne, $60
- JCB No. 21 French Cemant, $38
- Poema Cava Brut Rose, $30
- Giancarlo Prosecco, $28
Want to go?
WHAT: Oyster Fest 2021
WHERE: Lily's Bistro, 329 E. Fifth St., Dayton
WHEN: Through Feb. 7
INFO: (937) 723-7637 or www.lilysbistro.com