>> Your guide to Dayton-area craft breweries
Tipp City's downtown is worth visiting. PHOTO / Stephanie Coates
So, if you’re looking for local charm, this Main Street has everything you need for an afternoon stroll.
>> Your guide to some of the best patios in the Dayton area
WHAT TO DO
- Mum Festival, on Third St.: Complete with a parade down Main and an antique car show, this festival honors the chrysanthemum and crowns a queen every year. Held Sept. 28-30, 2018.
- Tipp Roller Mill, 225 E. Main St.: Catch live music every Thursday in this historic grist mill. May through December only.
>>GUIDE: Tipp City Mum Festival turns 60, race marks 40th year
WHERE TO SHOP
Iron Dog Salvage & Antiques in downtown Tipp City. PHOTO / Stephanie Coates
- Iron Dog Salvage and Antiques, 14 E. Main St.: Explore two floors of hardware, handmade decor, and antique treasures.
- The Golden Leaf Tea & Herb, 128 E. Main St.: Sip a cup of delicious tea with your friends, or buy in bulk.
- Browse Awhile Books, 118 E. Main St.: Check out their selection of books, and be sure to ask about the building's haunted history.
- Cairns Toys, 31 E. Main St.: Indulge your inner child at one of area's last specialty toy shops.
- Bodega Wine & Specialty Foods, 128 E. Main St.: Because wine and cheese, of course.
>> Flyboys Deli expected to open 2nd location this fall
WHERE TO EAT & DRINK
Grounds for Pleasure Coffeehouse in downtown Tipp City. PHOTO / Stephanie Coates
- Coldwater Cafe, 19 E. Main St.: A finer dining spot with European flair -- try the lobster crabcakes!
- Sam & Ethel's, 120 E. Main St.: Friendly, retro diner vibes and more burger specialties than you could dream of.
- Grounds for Pleasure Coffeehouse, 115 E. Main St.: A full-service coffee shop with plenty of seating for a mid-adventure break.
- Sweet by Kristy, 29 E. Main St.: Follow the smells of chocolate, pastries, and hand-dipped ice cream. Try the Fluffernutter cupcake and take blueberry muffin top ice cream to go!
>> 12 of the best hiking spots in and around Dayton
Charleston Falls Preserve in Tipp City has 169 acres of walking trails along the falls and through caves, prairies and groves. PHOTO / Stephanie Coates
- The Clothesline, 22 N. Second St.: One of the best resale thrift shops that gives back to many local charities
- Charleston Falls, 2535 Ross Rd.: 169 acres of walking trails along the falls and through caves, prairies, and groves.
Know of any great spots in Tipp City that we missed? Tell us about it! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.