While in the DORA district, customers are only permitted to walk around with alcohol purchased from one of the seven participating establishments that sell liquor in downtown Tipp City. No outside alcoholic beverages are permitted. Additionally, all purchased drinks must remain in the specialty Tipp City DORA cups, and not poured into another container. And finally, customers cannot take a beverage from one liquor-serving establishment into another, as liquor permits cannot cross and doing this could put the business at risk of losing its liquor license. Due to the COVID pandemic, the DORA cups cannot be reused after one use.
What to know about Tipp City’s DORA
- Guests can grab a drink from one of the following participating businesses:
- Bodega Wine & Specialty Food, located at 27 E. Main Street
- Chaffee’s Brewhouse, located at 15 S. Second St.
- Coldwater Café & Catering, located at 19 E. Main St.
- Harrison’s Restaurant, located at 106 E. Main St.
- Tipp City Eagles Aerie 2201, located at 202 E. Main St.
- Tony’s Bada Bing, located at 134 E. Main St.
- VFW, located at 121 E. Main St.
- Organizers encourage participants to drink responsibly, meaning that rules pertaining to public intoxication, indecency, noise and driving under the influence still apply.
- Support local businesses by purchasing a drink at a participating Tipp City DORA location and explore the district during the designated hours.
- Take a purchased drink into non-liquor serving establishments that have the green “DORA Beverage Welcome” sticker on the front of their business. Once you’ve finished your beverage or have entered an area that is not a part of DORA, throw your cup away in one of the many trash cans lining the downtown area.
For more information about the new DORA drinking district in downtown Tipp City, visit the Downtown Tipp City Partnership’s website and Facebook page.